Guess what I am making

Started by enjenjo, September 28, 2011, 08:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Just started today, more parts to make yet.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Flipper

shock mounts/headlight mounts?

phat46

well I see you made a pair of them...handlebars?  :lol:

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

jaybee

New handles for your wheelchair?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

They are headlight stands.  I still have to make some more parts, then assemble them. More to come.

wayne petty

i was thinking headlight mounts also...  

how come you did not carve a deep keyway into the shaft with steps on both sides that have a dovetail edge...

/_  _\
,,,X

X is the deep keyway for the wires.. the dovetail to hold the stainless cover is /_ _\

so you could stash the wiring inside the groove like door hinges..  and cover the opening with a strip on the bottom side of the curve.

just a thought from the sidelines..

enjenjo

Quoteso you could stash the wiring inside the groove like door hinges

A couple reasons. First this is an old style hot rod, and they were not done that way. Second, this car is getting Model A headlights that are set up for a conduit.

enjenjo

Todays parts. I drilled and tapped a hole in the headlight socket, and threaded the end of the light bar. This is screwed together. The other end of the light bar is turned down, and fits in a socket on the frame bracket. It's held there with a set screw. After all the angles are set, I'll weld it all together, and finish the welds.

enjenjo

Carnut

Heh, heh, that does bring back memories of 1965 and the headlight posts that were on my coupe, only mine were made from the original headlight bar just heated and bent and a strap welded on the end to bolt to my frame.

And the Model A headlights hanging out on the end of the bar bent out like that would 'really' shake down bumpy roads.

As soon as I found some aluminum posts and small headlights the old Model A's were gone, I never had any use for them and folks think of them as 'Nostalgic' now.

39deluxe

Lookin' good. How does it look with the lights mounted?

Tom