Bent push rods and Mower belts - lawn tractor

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, August 31, 2011, 11:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

My Sears lawn tractor spit off the main belt.  5/8 x 90 inches and a 5/8 x 89 inches length..... it appears those are the 2 belts I need.

I find prices from 12 dollars 'shipped' to 45 dollars plus shipping.  Hopefully quality is better in there some where

I see a PIX brand often and low price.  Must be a China or India manufacture.

Sears OE belts are in the 40 dollar 'each belt' area that I have seen.

The original belts are 9 yrs old... so the quality belt is what I am after.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I am using Gates mower belts from the local hardware. They last as long as the Sears belts, and are about $15 each.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

here is the 98 page Gates Lawn and Garden belts pdf download..

so one can get the correct number

http://www.royalsupply.com/downloads/GatesLG-Guide.pdf

WZ JUNK

I can not imagine why Tony needs a riding lawn mower. :)   I visited his area of the world recently and it looked like the owner of a lawn mower repair shop would starve to death.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Carnut

Thanks a bunch for the Gates Belt link.

I'll be using that for my Sears Lawn Tractor as well.

Heh, heh, as soon as I fix the steering column on the darn thing I just broke.

tomslik

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I can not imagine why Tony needs a riding lawn mower. :)   I visited his area of the world recently and it looked like the owner of a lawn mower repair shop would starve to death.

John

next thing ya know he'll be wanting a snow, er, sand blower...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

No need for sand blower... we have dust storms.  Although the Dumb-A** in the media want to call them Haboobs now.

Stopped at a Home Depot on way home from work. Waste of time for belt for the lawn tractor.  Will try different hardware store.. the ACE hardware store closed 1 yr ago that was near my house
Tony

Mac

I got belts for my rider at Tractor Supply. I don't know if you have them or similar in AZ?
Who\'s yer Data?

zzford

" Although the Dumb-A** in the media want to call them Haboobs now."
Doesn't Haboob own the 7-11?

kb426

I have bought Pix for a Walker that nobody makes a belt for. So far, they are as good as the rest of what I've bought.
TEAM SMART

tomslik

Quote from: "zzford"" Although the Dumb-A** in the media want to call them Haboobs now."
Doesn't Haboob own the 7-11?

thats habib.
haboob is his sister.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

39deluxe

My deck belt is $42.50. I go through one a year and have not found a crossover on anyone's list by number or size. Gotta love the Deere. It's a M95875.

Tom

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought 2 belts at Lowes... they had them on the hook.  One number was exact, other was a cross over I found online. 30 dollars each, but the mower operates again.

I even took the time to grease stuff and air up the tires.

Sounds like I have an exhaust leak or loose valves.  Quiets down as the engine warms up
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Bought 2 belts at Lowes... they had them on the hook.  One number was exact, other was a cross over I found online. 30 dollars each, but the mower operates again.

I even took the time to grease stuff and air up the tires.

Sounds like I have an exhaust leak or loose valves.  Quiets down as the engine warms up

Kohler twin? Mine does the same thing. Sounds like it is coming apart when you start it cold.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Kohler twin? Mine does the same thing. Sounds like it is coming apart when you start it cold.

Briggs twin ... it has been a few years since I adjusted the valves or even checked them
Tony