Swanton corn festival

Started by enjenjo, August 21, 2011, 09:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Went to the corn festival yesterday, took a few pictures.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Went to the corn festival yesterday, took a few pictures.

looks like a good turnout. That red/black Ford coupe is, um, interesting....

GPster

Thanks for the pictures. Been a long time since I've been to Swanton and our Crosley. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Went to the corn festival yesterday, took a few pictures.

looks like a good turnout. That red/black Ford coupe is, um, interesting....

Yes, isn't it. It displays very good craftsmanship.

ONE37TUDOR

Is that a Trans Am nose piece grafted to 41 ford?
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

enjenjo

Brother Love

Aesthetically, I like it.  It is like two things that shouldn't go together, but when they do...it just works.
Beep boop bop, I am a robot

Brother Love

GPster

I wonder abouy that Trans AM Delux. I could see it needing a 4" chop with the back panel in the original line and the "B" pillars laying back and the windshield laying way back. Then about a 4" section at the bottom of the doors and the fake running boards turned into air skirts for "seudo" racing. It would probably take two AMY kits and there'd be a lot of parts left over. GPster

alchevy

I would bet that car gets a lot of looks! That's my favorite part on those '70-'73 Trans Ams, the nose.
That's what I like to see on old cars and trucks is the craftsmanship that was used where in you cannot tell where one part that didn't come on the car ends and the real car begins.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

39deluxe

It's amazing how well that T/A nose works on the '47 coupe. I owned one of those coupes for 21 years (Chrysler 300B hemi) and never found any front end treatment I liked other than the traditional frenched headlights and stock type grille. I probably would not do that but it isn't unpleasant either.

Tom