AD truck

Started by enjenjo, August 08, 2011, 07:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Since the booster was back in, I started it up, only to find I still had no power boost to the steering box. After some checking, I found there was no pressure out of the pump. I pulled it off, I was going to replace it with another used one. The pump I was going to replace it with had an Oring fitting on the pressure line, I needed an inverted flare, so I removed the fitting from both pumps to switch them. When I did I found the relief valve in the pump that was on it was assembled in the wrong order. Instead of the fitting, valve and spring in that order, it was fitting, spring and valve. After reassembling in the right order, I reinstalled the pump, and it worked fine. Now, the thing is, I never had this pump apart before. It came with the engine I put in the truck. So in the car it came out of, it could not have been working.

So today, after a final check for leaks, I took it off the stands for the first time in a year. It sets nice.  It was a bit dusty, so I washed it, it looked much better. I installed the new rear view mirror, and tinkered with the speaker boxes. Thursday it goes for front end alignment, and AC charge. If it's nice tomorrow I'll pull it outside and get some pictures.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

It's absolutely amazing how often something in a job makes one go "huh, how 'bout that"...

...or stronger words that amount to the same thing, depending on how long it takes to get it figured out.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

The truck went out for alignment today, so I took some pictures. It gets new tires and wheels yet.

chris spokes

wow looking good frank
he who has the most toys wins

enjenjo

He drove it home today, happy as a clam.

Rrumbler

That sure is green!!!  Nice truck.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

39deluxe

I didn't know that it was getting Mercury tail lamps? Looks nice. It also appears to have the quarter window installed. How did that happen?

Tom

kb426

TEAM SMART

GPster

I wonder how it will look with the visor installed? GPster

enjenjo

QuoteIt also appears to have the quarter window installed. How did that happen?

The glass guy came out and did it. Took two of them an hour to get it in.

QuoteI wonder how it will look with the visor installed?

not as good as it does now.