please drive carefully going to the Nats

Started by awsum34, August 04, 2004, 08:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awsum34

Please drive carefully going to the Nats, This wreck happened at the T-bucket Nationals.

http://www.members.cox.net/otb_vigilante/T/2004_t.htm

BTW, nobody was killed.
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks Rick.

One of these days your going to have to join some of the RRT crew at the Nats.  I know you love BBQ and now that we have the trailer.... well how can you resist?
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Leon

That's one big reason why I don't have my T anymore.....
Hope they heal quickly.

Nick32Vic

Hey! Please give me any info you know about this. Who was driving? How it happend? Injurys? I think i know this guy.

Nick

moparrodder

Quote from: "awsum34"Please drive carefully going to the Nats, This wreck happened at the T-bucket Nationals.

http://www.members.cox.net/otb_vigilante/T/2004_t.htm

BTW, nobody was killed.

Yup, your'e right Rick, ya really have to be on your gaurd.  I saw the bucket in Omaha and it was a mess!! :cry:   On Friday the 23 of July about 100 buckets were cruzin to Lincoln to Speedway Motors for a tour of the place when the wreck happened.  From what wittness told me they were west bound headed to Lincoln when the truck driver who couldn't speak one word of English was gawking at all the buckets going by when he looked up to see a lady in front of him had stoped with her left turn signal on and he paniced hitting the brakes and turning to the left across the west bound traffic and he hit the lady in front of him and the T bucket had no place to go but hit the fuel tank on the right side of the tractor.  Luckly it happened across the street from the fire station and the responders were there really fast, and there was some nurses and responders with the group that was right behind them.  The couple in the bucket were from Illinois, down by St. Louis. They were flowen  to St. Louis the other day for more surgery and therapy and will be closer to home.  Jack had a crushed ankle, broken leg severe trauma to his knee and a broken arm, his arm was repaired with a rod in Lincoln and was to have surgery in St. Louis today or tommorrow to repair his ankle knee and leg. Judy had a broken ankle and arm and jaw and she also had surgery done in Lincoln and will be in the same hospital as Jack for therapy.  They will be ok but it will be a long road to hoe for both of them. The only thing I can say is the good Lord above was looking out for them.  I travel that road a lot going after feed in Lincoln and have seen that guy almost every trip and I can't for the life of me figure how he got a CDL to drive a semi, he isn't a safe driver by any means, I don't think he has a clue what the road signs say.  

So as you say Rick, Please be carefull on the road!!!   Bill

Nick32Vic

O no! im pretty sure we call this guy "hockey puck" I dont really know him personally but from what ive heard he is a hellavu nice guy! Again, if this is the guy i know of, he trailored that thing everywere and just drove it to/from the show. He just painted that thing too. I hate to see something like this happen to ANYOBODY but it especially sucks when its close to home. I really really hope they get through this quick and easy. If any body has any more info. please let me know.

Nick

Nick32Vic

moparrodder

Quote from: "Nick32vic"http://www.nationaltbucketalliance.com/members/t00-582/index.asp

Heres some pics of his car before it got all smashed up.

nick

Yup that's the one, but I  kinda got the idea he drove it up to the show as he had a bumper car mounted to a small trailer he towed behind the bucket . He didn't have it behind the bucket when the accident happened, it was left in the parking lot at the motell where the show was held.  I helped load the bucket and trailer on a ramp bed truck from the trailer it was on  in the parking lot when the show was over.  I'll check and let ya know what hospital Jack and Judy are in.  Bill

Nick32Vic

Thanks alot! I dont know if he still does now, but last year he trailored the T and the bumper car togethe on a big trailer behind a truck.

Nick

moparrodder

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Thanks alot! I dont know if he still does now, but last year he trailored the T and the bumper car togethe on a big trailer behind a truck.

Nick

Nick,  Jack and Judy are in Barnes hospital in St. Louis.   Bill

Nick32Vic

Hey, were you getting this info? Thank you very much. Im going to the nats tomorow morning. So im gonna tell my car club. We will probably send them some flowers and stuff.

Nick