GoodGuys fire

Started by reborn55, July 14, 2011, 11:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

that looked like the electric fuel pump kept feeding the fire on top of the motor...

i wonder how many sections of rubber fuel line don't get replaced when they actually need to be changed...

i found a fuel filter for my 4180 that has an inverted flair inlet...

so i have a solid steel tube from my fuel pump to the carb...

this is an FF205 from autozone..

http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/chl/FF205/image/4/

i don't know if it will fit conventional performance holleys.. but it might be worth looking into...  it fits the ford /holley OE carbs that look like this...

http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/aol/C7493/image/4/

that is a shame about that car... but ... it looks like its not completely burned to the ground. people have started with just a burned out shell....  

it's just the Wrong type of Flame job you want for a hot rod...

39deluxe

It could have been a loose fitting or a stuck float but I'd be more likely to agree with you that it was a rubber fuel line to blame. It seems like I'm constantly preaching the merits of hard lines in the fuel system but a rubber hose is just too quick and easy for way too many builders.

Very sad. Seeing a '39 Deluxe go up in flames is like a knife in the heart to me.

Tom

41woodie

What was causing the squawking noise, sounded like the car was suffering.

Rrumbler

QuoteWhat was causing the squawking noise, sounded like the car was suffering.

That was his "Ooooh-gah" horn, the relay or horn wiring was shorting, causing it to run almost constantly.

It's always sad to see something like that.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

tomslik

i DID notice that evidently NOBODY carries a fire extinguiser or they're too cheap to use theirs on somebody elses's car...

hope he had insurance..
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Mikej

The first guy might have been able to put it out if he would have shot his off at the fire instead of the front of the car. I carry a small extinguiser. Doubt if it would of got the job done.

tomslik

Quote from: "Mikej"The first guy might have been able to put it out if he would have shot his off at the fire instead of the front of the car. I carry a small extinguiser. Doubt if it would of got the job done.

1 small one may not have got the fire out but 5 or 10 might have.
C.S.T.A's...

if it were mine, i might have let it burn rather than take the chance of the ins. co. wanting to fix all that warped metal...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list