Salt Cat Racing

Started by sirstude, June 27, 2011, 06:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Frank was over this weekend for our rod run and brought his Buick.   In case no one has seen this ride it is quite a unit.   It is the forunner of the motor in his Salt Cat Jag that has gone 196 on the salt.  He had the frame and motor on display at a run before he finished and one 5 awards on the frame only.  When he did the body, he cut the floor pan out of a Jag sedan and welded it in. Then, all the Jag upholster and seats, etc bolted right in.  He was talking about his new Lakester that he will have the 16 port Buick in, probably for the world finals.  If you Goggle 'Salt Cat Racing" it will bring up his facebook page with picture of the Lakester.  Sure is an interesting guy,  I have talked to him before, but we were parked next to each other and I just listened a lot.  He is bringing the Jag down for Speedweeks.  If anyone is going down this year, be sure and talk to him.  Just don't get him going on the X/O  XX/O issues, he won't stop for a LONG time, and I don't blame him.

Doug

ps, I have some higher resolution versions of those pictures if anyone wants them.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us