Back To The Fifties Pics

Started by Carnut, June 25, 2011, 04:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Just posted 972 Pics from the Back To The Fifties by Larry Rufener.

Back To The Fifties Pics

chimp koose

Thanks for the photos. I really enjoy looking at your photo posts.

Hi-Flying

Thanks For the coverage,alot of nice cars.

Rrumbler

Thanks for the pics.  Now I know where all of the '56 Chevys in the world are; seemed to be an inordinate number of them in the first eleven pages; that's as far as I got.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

butch27

Those are beautiful pictures. Thanks

Carnut

Thanks for the comments guys, do appreciate it.

Larry Rufener is doing a great job going out and taking pics for me and I am so grateful and thankful for his work.

Heh, heh, I think he's also a bit partial to Classic Chevys.

Larry also has a black 65 Corvette Coupe and a red 50 Ford Standard Tudor Sedan.

I met Larry at Pueblo one year and managed to talk him into taking pics for me.

Now I'd also like to apologize for my Sister In Law Charlottes Pics. She has good intentions and she is 'car people' but she does look a little differently at things. I'm just thankful she goes out to some car shows and takes pics for me.

Charlotte is the mother of Troy Pate the kid who now owns my 31 Ford Model A Hiboy Coupe, 'my first car'. heh heh, and one of the hot rods he grew up with.

I've always taken pride in posting quality pics for folks to have a quality viewing experience on the site, I worked on every pic before posting. I did cropping, resizing and enhancing and identifying every pic thinking I was providing the best experience for folks. Anyhow couple years ago I got in a pickle and became overwhelmed with the number of pics to post that I fell behind by almost of couple years in posting. So, I swallowed my pride and just started posting the pics immediately just as I got them.

So what you see is what folks send in.

I would like to encourage anyone who would like to have pics posted on my site to send them in, I will get them posted now without messing with them.

I so wish I could get back out and take my own pics at all the shows but alas that's just not gonna happen anymore.

Again thanks for the comments.

Mac

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

What can you or Larry (or anybody else) tell me about this sweet little roadster?
Who\'s yer Data?

Carnut

Mac the roadster is a cut down 32 Buick roadster/phaeton.

Don't know anything else about it's heritage or owner/builders.

taxpyer

Even though I was just a young fella in the fifties I do remember the cars and they weren't as nice as those are. :shock:  I really enjoyed your album and thanks for the trouble of posting them. :wink:  
I think "billet" was when you let someone from a visiting school stay at your house back in those days. :lol:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

Mac

Quote from: "Carnut"Mac the roadster is a cut down 32 Buick roadster/phaeton.

Don't know anything else about it's heritage or owner/builders.

Yes, Buick! I thought some things looked familiar. Somebody turned out a nice build right there.  );b(
Who\'s yer Data?