Montgomery Al

Started by 348tripower, June 06, 2011, 08:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Here we are. Shift cable is history. But it is in drive :D  Lots of fun.
Don
Don Colliau

Learpilot

Sorry to hear about your shifter cable, but It was Good to see you guys on the Hot Rod Power Tour as you came through Phenix City, AL. That was the best rolling car show I have ever seen.
We were in the closed parking lot of Shoney's. My 36 Dodge was parked there also.
Rick

kb426

Keep on truckin???? I hope you're taking some pics. There has to be some good stories.
TEAM SMART

348tripower

Quote from: "Learpilot"Sorry to hear about your shifter cable, but It was Good to see you guys on the Hot Rod Power Tour as you came through Phenix City, AL. That was the best rolling car show I have ever seen.
We were in the closed parking lot of Shoney's. My 36 Dodge was parked there also.
Rick

Sorry we didn't know that we could have stopped. Back at the room in Indy. Waaay toooo Hot. We are going to pick up a cable at Lane Automotive tomorrow. The crew in charge of parking has been very helpfull. Just need to swap the cable out.
Don Colliau

phat rat

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "Learpilot"Sorry to hear about your shifter cable, but It was Good to see you guys on the Hot Rod Power Tour as you came through Phenix City, AL. That was the best rolling car show I have ever seen.
Rick

Sorry we didn't know that we could have stopped. Back at the room in Indy. Waaay toooo Hot. We are going to pick up a cable at Lane Automotive tomorrow. The crew in charge of parking has been very helpfull. Just need to swap the cable out.

See you tomorrow and I'll be joining the tour for the run over to Detroit.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

I'll look for you tomorrow. I'm not joining the tour to Detroit but I will have the track roadster downtown. The weather is supposed to be cooler up here tomorrow - high of 71 and a few showers possible.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

1800guy

Does anybody know when the tour will arrive in Muskegon?  What exit from US 31 might they use?  What time do they usually roll out the next morning?  Thanks for any info.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "1800guy"Does anybody know when the tour will arrive in Muskegon?  What exit from US 31 might they use?  What time do they usually roll out the next morning?  Thanks for any info.

The leave time in Indy is around 7-8 AM - figure 5 to 6 hours  - so noon-ish onward. My guess is they would take Business 31 to downtown.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "1800guy"Does anybody know when the tour will arrive in Muskegon?  What exit from US 31 might they use?  What time do they usually roll out the next morning?  Thanks for any info.

8:30 a.m. tomorrow. They will head out Apple to 37,  south to 96, east to the Lowell exit, continue to St. Johns
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

1800guy

Thanks for the route update - I had planned to be sitting beside I-96 in the AM to watch the tour pass.  I'm surprised they will go down Alpine in the morning, but I'll catch them along Apple somewhere.  I took my wife to the Dog 'n Suds tonight figuring it would be packed, but nothing there.  Caught up with a bunch of cars at the Texas Roadhouse, though - nice.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

348tripower

We made Muskegon after a stop a Lane Automotive for the shifter cable. Wrong one. :cry:  Called my local parts guy here in Dexter and we have one for this morning. We left Muskegon and came home to get this repair done. Been driving since Valdosta stuck in drive.  :lol:  I will be in Detroit today and at the long haul ceremony tomorrow.  This has been a lot of fun. Only problem was the heat down south. I didn't get many pictures because it was to hot to move. We will do this again.:D
Don
Don Colliau

slocrow

Quote from: "348tripower"I didn't get many pictures because it was to hot to move. We will do this again.:D
Don
Here's one from a vette site. I think it was snapped Monday. ..Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...