QUESTION FOR CROSLEY

Started by PeterR, May 13, 2011, 10:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterR

A friend is fitting a TH700 gearbox to a four wheel drive which is driven mainly off-road.  When descending a steep hill he would like to manually activate convertor lockup to maximise engine braking.  

Which gears have oil pressure available to operate the lock up clutch?

Crosley.In.AZ

2 , 3 , 4 gears  have lock up oil so the converter clutch will operate
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

PeterR

Quote from: "Crosley"2 , 3 , 4 gears  have lock up oil so the converter clutch will operate

Thanks for the info.  Would it be possible to do a mod to the valve body to allow lock up oil in 1st gear.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "PeterR"
Quote from: "Crosley"2 , 3 , 4 gears  have lock up oil so the converter clutch will operate

Thanks for the info.  Would it be possible to do a mod to the valve body to allow lock up oil in 1st gear.

might be possible.  I hve never looked in to that
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Arnold

Prolly a bit off topic. I have a 4l80E in a 94 extended 1 ton van. I have also owned/played around with a lot of 4x4's(so I hear ya). My buddy's house has a very steep street. One time I parked and was a little concerned..even brake wise..as to the steepness of this hill. I put it into 1 manually..and was stunned at the braking power this tranny had! I haven't had another automatic like this thing. I do this every time now. Just a thought.