Going to the right side

Started by bucketmouth, May 10, 2011, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

The chassis is only partially boxed so I boxed up the rest of it while It was stripped down. The top arms are a bit short so I realigned and lenghthened the arms while I was at it.

Looks like it's one photo at a time at the moment until Photobucket comes good.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

bucketmouth

Excuse me if the pictures don't seem to be in order.

The chassis was totaly sand blasted, boxed,modified,changed and fully welded.

The chassis reassembled

bucketmouth

Oh boy time has escaped me again. I've been so busy rushing to get this finished for a trip to the East coast at Easter I hardly had time to scratch myself let alone do an update.

Here goes,the body going back on.

and it's finally back on.

after they finished drinking all my beer it was time to tackle the wiring.There's a lot of wires in a EFI engine harness.

I split the harness and put what ever I could inside instead of having it all screwed to the firewall in the engine bay. I put a timber panel inside and mounted the relays,diagnostic plug and some, cleaning up the firewall a bit.

LHS

RHS

bucketmouth

I hooked up all the lights and horns and everything to make sure it all worked before I taped it up. I fitted commercial headlights,I split the turn/park lights in there because we have to have clear parkers, I drilled out the headlight reflectors and fitted a pk light socket. Now I have headlights,turn and park lights all inside the headlight shell eliminating any need to have anything hanging of the front.

On the rear we have amber turn signals which meant I had to split the turn/park lights and used baby lincoln LEDs instead of the original tear drops but in doing that I cant use the blue dots.

I used some of this heavy insulation I got of my buddy. He uses this stuff in all the trucks that he does and swears by it.

Lookin good Charlie.......Are you going to run a stock type tank and cover?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

bucketmouth

G'day Daryle yes I am running the stock fuel tank cover.Just for the sake of the update I havent showed the latest. I'm actually further ahead than what the pix show.
Are you still going to the Back to the Fifties? My company has lost the contract with Chevron but hopefully we will be picked up by the new contractor. So at this stage it looks like I will not be attending even though my friends are all booked to go. Unless there is a sudden development :)

Quote from: "bucketmouth"G'day Daryle yes I am running the stock fuel tank cover.Just for the sake of the update I havent showed the latest. I'm actually further ahead than what the pix show.
Are you still going to the Back to the Fifties? My company has lost the contract with Chevron but hopefully we will be picked up by the new contractor. So at this stage it looks like I will not be attending even though my friends are all booked to go. Unless there is a sudden development :)

I will be attending the "50's"...in fact,I just received my registration #'s in the morning mail.I hope things work out with the new company and you are able to make the trip with your friends......It is one of my favorite events and I'm sure you guys will have a Great time!Just let me know if I can help in any way with the trip and remember......we always have a soft bed,hot shower and usually something cold to drink! Take care and let me know if things work out.Also keep us posted on your progress with the coupe.

bucketmouth

Thanks 40 will do,I'm away at work at the moment and with a bit of luck I'll have something more significant on my part to post when I get back home.
If things improve on the workfront I might have to make a solo trip for the Back to the Fifties so you'll never know.
Thanks for the offer.

bucketmouth

Like I said before where does all the time go to.
Here's a couple of more progress pix.

The coupe is now back together and I've been driving it a round for a few months.
It doesnt look any different from the day I bought it except you can see the steering wheel on the RHS.
It was a beautiful driver when I bought it and I reckon now with the changes I've made its even better. The Uni steering is excellent and along with the change to the brake booster and master cylinder it has made a big difference especially the steering.
It's like driving a new car compared to my Bucket and Hiboy.

Here it is completed ready to be licensed.

I brought it to Dept Of Transport for inspection and licensing but they knocked it back for being to low and a couple of other minor things.
I probably have a days work to do on it.
That's a job for when I get home again.

bucketmouth

Hey 40 like I said earlier I might not be able to make it back there for the Back to the Fifties because of my job. Well unfortunately the new company didn't take me on. I'm in such a sad state of despair I don't know what to do being jobless for the first time in over 30 years.
Actually I'm lying I do know what to do :idea:
L.A. Roadster show and back to the Fifties the following weekend.
I'm discussing it with one of my buddies it just might be on :D

grazza

Hi B/M, happy to hear you got those few "minor" problems sorted with the Coupe, sorry to hear the problems continued at Transport (or are these the same things you mentioned in Tassie?). Now, really sorry to hear about the job situation mate. I guess Sue will just have to get a well paid job now, hey!!  :lol:

Oh yea and enjoy your trip to the States mate  :)
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

Sorry to hear about the job .....but.....Sounds good you may make it to the states! Keep me posted.......Be glad to help any way I can.Trying to find a room closer to the Fairgrounds for the 50's........The one where we've been staying the last couple of years is a bit too much of a drive.

Carps

Lookin good man, hope it's back on the road soon.

Bummer to have to do that but maybe better than the options.

Sometimes US cars get a bum rap here because the folks who buy them don't take the time to do stuff like this then blame the previous owner for shoddy workmanship etc when things go wrong as they sometimes do with old cars.

After all the work I'm sure you'll have absolute confidence in the car and it'll be a lot safer to drive than if you left it as it was.

Sorry to hear about the job deal, think there's a lot of that headed our way.

I think you've made the right call, not a good oidea to sit at home feeling miserable about things you cant control.  Always better to do something to make you feel good about life and keep the miserables at bay.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

bucketmouth

Well like I said Carps I'm happy with the improvements and I'm glad it's done. It was a good driver in the beginning and now it's a better car.
If I could have left it LHD it would have been good enough as it was built similar to how build our cars here.

I don't know if you knew Dexter Taylor with the tough 30 coupe from here but he lost his battle with Prostate cancer a few days back after a long battle.
His wife Jude tried to get him to go to the states with me a couple of years back but he was reluctant to do so. I'm going to do what I want to do because you never know what's around the corner that's why I'm thinking about heading back and doing a couple of shows I haven't been to.

jaybee

Great car. Look like you managed to stuff a fair bit of tire under the front. I like that, it looks aggressive and purposeful.

A few years ago I watched a Pro Street Cuda try to run the autocross at Des Moines Goodguys along with some of the other fine folks from here. The car was absolutely miserable, out of its element. The front didn't have enough rubber to make it turn, and the rear had too much to break loose in any sort of controllable fashion.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)