Bucket seats

Started by Okiedokie, April 29, 2011, 11:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiedokie

I am at the point of having interior done on my 40 and I have changed my mind on seats. I have seats from a mid 90's Camero in it now with the drivers being power. But the longer I have looked at em, the cheasier they look, and I don't think I want to pay to have them recovered. So I have been looking around. It looks to me that Buick Rainier seats that are both power would be a good replacement. They have the shoulder belt built on them, but aren't ugly like many others I have seen. My question is if there are other GM seats that are the same seat in different vehicles. Anyone have any experience in that area?

wayne petty

you might want to try the comp nine . com web site i posted a while back...

when you find the proper page..  you can click on the part number and it gives you interchange info...

i don't know if that will help.. but its one source..

Okiedokie

Thanks again Wayne.

Learpilot

I used Chevy Trailblazer seats and they look the same. I bolted the outside of the seats directly to the floor but I had to make mount for the middle. The original floor is not level. The power hook-up was real easy, just power and ground and they worked. I love that the lumbar can be blown up and also moved up and down. I also like that the shoulder harness is built into the backrest.
Rick

Okiedokie

Rick, did you use in your coupe? What about rear access behind the seats? It has occured to me that these seats I'm sure don't fold forward to allow access. Joe

Pete

Quote from: "Okiedokie"Rick, did you use in your coupe? What about rear access behind the seats? It has occured to me that these seats I'm sure don't fold forward to allow access. Joe

I used Honda Prelude seats in mine...They are about the closest to a Recaro racing seat that you can get with a production passenger car seat.
I opted for the non power ones though.
Very comfortable and easy on the back.

papastoyss

I am using Toyota Highlander seats in my 40 Ford coupe project. The drivers seat is 6 way power, the passenger isn't but the backrest flips foward  for rear access. They also sit up high enough to bolt down w/o having to mess with mounting brackets ect. No integral seat belts though.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Learpilot

Quote from: "Okiedokie"Rick, did you use in your coupe? What about rear access behind the seats? It has occured to me that these seats I'm sure don't fold forward to allow access. Joe
I did use them in my coupe. The access to behind the seat is limited by how far they go foward. They do not fold like a two door car, but they are very comfortable.
Rick

GPster

We have been using Jeep Cheroke Loredos for family cars since '95. Mostly because of the power seats because I can get most comfotable sitting higher and upright. Thet are made to recline so the backs are hinged rather than fastened solid. Maybe you can rework the hinge joint so it will allow the seat to fold foreward rather than back. Up until '04 they had power seats on both front seats for an option but after that only the driver's seat could be ordered power. I don't know if the non-power seats reclined. GPster