Electrical Connectors

Started by 40, April 14, 2011, 12:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got the 37 back from the paint shop and want to get started with the wiring.I am using an Autowire harness but am wondering if there is someplace local to buy some various types of quality connectors.Any other suggestions on types of connectors to use or other helpful hints welcome! I had a nice assortment of connectors in a neat little cabinet that I used on the last car but have been unable to locate it or my bolt bins etc since I finished the last car......I think it got left behind at my buddys shop when he moved  :(
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

wayne petty

the upper of the 2 links is the 404 page delphi automotive connectors catalog..

its what is used to assemble most GM cars and trucks...

http://connectors.delphi.com/DCSGDMCS/DCS/Catalog/DownloadCatalog.aspx

just google the individual part numbers from the catalog above.. there are several suppliers around and online to supply the parts in box counts or individual parts..

if you are talking about just conventional crimp terminals..

most home depot stores sell divided plastic boxes ... great for starting your new collection..

Rochie

Daryle,
Try this company in Troy Mi. They sell and ship anything electrical you can think of. I used GM weather pack fittings everwhere on my 29.  They come in different configurations and number of contacts, and were reasonable in cost.

http://terminalsupplyco.com/Default.aspx

Actually request a catalogue.

zzebby

I work for a company that does aerospace connectors, you fellows that were in the service may recall them as Cannon plugs.  Very high quality, circular with a twisting motion to mate them and lock in place.  Kinda overkill on a hot rod but we are all excentric to some degree. Generally they mount to a panel for the signals to pass thru which is not always the case on a hot rod. Enjenjo has  a pair under his bench and may comment.  Post some more detail and maybe I can advise.  They can cost $40 each or more and you need to buy both plug and receptacle.

enjenjo

I have not used them yet, I intend to use them on my Buick, which I  will get back to when this Chevy pickup is gone.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Another question........Is 2 gauge wire heavy enough for my battery cables or do I need 1 gauge? Does welding cable have a tough enough coating? Thanks!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"