ABS panels

Started by butch27, March 23, 2011, 07:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch27

I've searched. Where can I buy 2 sheets of 1/8" ABS 4'x6' panels. I'm starting the interior of a "T". Thanks  OH, Somewhere near Detroit or Toledo that sells to the public.

kb426

I used US Plastics and had it shipped to me.
TEAM SMART

moose

Try Wensco Sign supply in Livonia....

Tim

GPster

Try Bath Fitter. You could go to Lowes for a tub surround but I don't know if they're big enough. GPster

butch27

Thanks Guys:  Only problem with the bath surround is that it's only .060 thick.

enjenjo

Bontragers RV surplus   http://bontragers.com/  has 4x8 sheets of 1/8" ABS foam board with vinyl wallpaper on one side for $10 each in Sturgis Mi. They call it ceiling panels.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Butch,
Pretty much everybody I know is using FRP panel. Fiberglass reinforced plastic. It is a bit thinner which allows it to be bent cold plus it cuts easier than the ABS. Lowes and Home Depot carry it in their bath dept.  I just used some to wrap the rear corners of the COE to mount some speakers. I think it takes glue better than the ABS too.
Don
Don Colliau

butch27

348---Is it brittle and how thick ?

348tripower

Quote from: "butch27"348---Is it brittle and how thick ?

In small pieces it can be a bit brittle. But not that bad. It is about .080 thick.
Don Colliau

butch27

Found those FRP panels at Home Depot.  Good price!! Thanks

chimp koose

Does someone want to take us to school on the FRP panels for interior use? I would be interested as I would like to know how to do a headliner in that stuff to glue material to  later.

348tripower

Quote from: "chimp koose"Does someone want to take us to school on the FRP panels for interior use? I would be interested as I would like to know how to do a headliner in that stuff to glue material to  later.

I know a couple in Ann Arbor that turned me to this material. I will try and get with them and see if they have any info or even pictures of their builds using it. I know he has an allergy to computers but she uses one like a pro.
Don Colliau

chimp koose

Thanks! I would appreciate that.