Wheel Vintiques? Still alive???

Started by Topsterguy, March 04, 2011, 08:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Anyone know if Wheel Vintiques in Fresno CA is still in buisness??  I tried calling them and the number is "disconected or no longer in service".......tried faxing them and didn't get a reply. Their website is still active but old info. Thanks!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

crdnblu

Doesn't look too good for them; E-mail is undeliverable, as well.  Can any NSRA members check their "Fellow Pages" for someone in the area to stop by for a confirmation visit?

acr

They had a booth at the NSRA Nats in Louisville in August, 2010. I know Summit & probably others are/were selling their wheels because I bought four in late Sept. 2010. I wasn't impressed with their quality. Smoothie wheels & the welds/grinding were real sloppy where they joined them, I sent two back, the next two were not much better.

If I had it to do over I'd buy from someone welding their own wheels, like Rally America or Wheelsmith. That's my 2 cents worth.

Okiedokie

I believe they no longer sell direct, just thru dealers, like Summit Racing.

Harry

What type of wheels do you want?
There is a "WheelSmith" over on the HAMB.
I think they are in California.

Harry

Quote from: "Harry"What type of wheels do you want?

http://www.thewheelsmith.net/

Topsterguy

Thanks guys!  It seems that Coker bought them out and Coker is now right across the street from where WV was / is / whatever in Fresno.  I'll check Wheelsmith, but I'm going right thru Fresno this week so I might stop by Coker.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Harry"What type of wheels do you want?

I looked at Wheelsmith but they don't appear to carry solids....just "Ford" wheels and "Chev" wheels, and they're all "smoothies" which are diferent.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Harry"http://www.stocktonwheel.com/index.php

Hmmmm, no "solids" there either, just "smoothies. Thanks tho!

Topsterguy

Just to set the record straight, I stopped by Wheel Vintiques on my way thru Fresno last week and there are still there and buisness as usual. Apparently their website is under construction cuz someone hacked into it and posted everything you can imagine, including *, so they're getting it redone. I told them about all the problems etc etc and they were surprised! I said I couldn't be the only one that couldn't contact them any way! So, they're still in the same location, and down the street a block from Coker.

acr

By solid wheel what do you mean? Is that a wheel that has four small slit's between the rim & center?

Topsterguy

Quote from: "acr"By solid wheel what do you mean? Is that a wheel that has four small slit's between the rim & center?

The one with the 4 slots is the "gennie" wheel, the "solid" has no slots and a smooth center with the nubs on the inside for caps. The "smoothy" has sort of a raised ring around the center with nubs on the inside like the solid for caps.