from Sam Strube for the kids

Started by river1, February 27, 2011, 06:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

i got this from sam strube who a lot of you know

QuoteHi Everyone!

A friend of mine, Rod Hill, is an auto shop teacher at Los Banos High school out in Northern California.

Rod does an awesome job teaching auto shop... teaching kids how to restore cars, build hot rods and rebuild engines.

Only problem is... his shop is lacking a lot of the basic tools needed to get the job done.

UTI is sponsoring a High School Auto Shop "Makeover"... and awarding $25,000 to the high school that gets the most votes.

You can click on this link and VOTE for Los Banos High School:

http://utigarage.com/class-scholarship

But don't take my word for it that Rod's shop needs the $25,000...

Watch the videos.

I know Rod hams it up a bit... slave driving the kids... but all joking aside, look at his shop, and then look at the others... I mean sheesh, the high school with the most votes looks like they can afford THREE instructors! And they look like they have a lot of equipment and tools already. Rod's classroom is a small shop that is ill-equipped that he has been able to make work for the community, and for people in need.

Again... Vote now... Los Banos High... http://utigarage.com/class-scholarship

All you have to do is click on Los Banos High, enetr your e-mail and then click on a link that they will send you that just makes sure you are a real person.  It's safe.

They are 1500 votes behind... and with your help, they can WIN!

And who wins?

The kids...

I thank you,
Sam
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

34ford

I put in 2 votes for them. Think this should be on the main board page. It ends on March 4th. You can also share it on your facebook page if you have one. :shock:

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

34ford

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

1800guy

Wife and son agreed - so - 3 votes, plus the pass-along, of course.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

34ford

Checked this morning and they are only 300 votes out and the first place doesn't seem to be getting any more votes. Here are the winning prizes for the top 3 teams: 1st prize = $25,000 in prize products, 2nd prize = $10,000 in prize products, 3rd prize = $5,000 in prize products

kb426

I voted. There is so many schools that have removed shop from the the class options that anything we can do seems important.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

I voted twice ...( Grew up in Chicago you know ..Dont know any other way ..)

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Fat Cat

I voted 6 times. I will check in tomorrow and see if 5-6 more will help or not.

UGLY OLDS

I just gave them a couple of more ..... :D   ( "Absentee" ballots you know .... 8)  )

Bob............ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

34ford

Somebody should post this on the H A M B   There olny behind by 200 so so votes. That might take it over the top

enjenjo

Quote from: "34ford"Somebody should post this on the H A M B   There olny behind by 200 so so votes. That might take it over the top

It's on the HAMB.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rog

should have put it up on ozrodders.. they accepted my vote  :wink:

Mr Cool

Voted.
BTW, how can you do multiple votes, the rules say only 1 vote per email allowed.
And they are 1900 votes behind.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.