Weld joints

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 12, 2011, 01:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Somehow it's reassuring to know that even welders far mor accomplished than I have good days and bad days.  Some days everything just works.  Others I'm not sure I could figure out the cutting torch...
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Rrumbler

Look like nice TIG to me.  I'm in the "some days" class of welder, though; I've seldom done welds that look that good, and when I have, I sit back and marvel at them and wonder just what magic combination I conjured up.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

kb426

I vote tig also. They aren't going to break.
TEAM SMART

grazza

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Some days it works, and other days you might just as well go back in the house. The only thing I can figure is the moonshine I have before attempt a weld like that.

:lol:   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Somedays I have difficulty looking at welds as good as them, let alone ever getting one laid down.  :cry:
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

parklane

Quote from: "unklian"I think the technique is called "Spray Transfer".

Isn't that what a tomcat does??  :wink:  :lol:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Glen

I would agree it is tig...i was told that you can eliminate the belly button looking dimple in this picture by easing off the pedal and moving out of the circle......my welds always had this and someone taught me that process to help eliminate it.  That being said....I still cant weld as good as the guy in this example.