perches

Started by reborn55, February 06, 2011, 04:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Where is the best place to by spring perches for an S10 rear end--it seems that all I can find are perches for 3 in. diameter tube.  pretty sure S10 is 2.75  thanks

tomslik

currie sells 'em in different axle tubes AND spring widths..
i usually buy a couple pair for when i screw up and weld 'em on the wrong side of the axle;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

reborn55

Thanks--will check them out---good idea.

wayne petty

a few at summit.. so you can select which ones you want...
you can then select who you want to buy them from....

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=spring%20perches&dds=1

most seem to be for a 3 inch axle tube...

looks like some of the cheep versions could be made with a plasma cutter and a friend at a steel fab shop with a BIG brake...

one could even use a hole saw to make the 3 holes  with a hole saw carefully spaced out to make 2 perches..  then bend them...

one could even make some really strong ones..  with some careful design of tabs on the front and rear to bend..

GPster

Just to add a little more you might check around on some Jeep sites. The Dana axles they use have smaller diameter axles housings than 3" (2 9/16" and 2 3/4"). A lot of their set ups call for changing the axles to the opposite side of the springs or remounting the axles to get usable drive shaft angles for the universal joints. One other point that might help you. Most "U" bolts that you will find for these smaller diameter axle housings seems to be of 7/16 stock. Jeep "U" bolts are of 1/2" bolt stock and there seems to be some longer ones made that might help with traction bars or drop/raise blocks. GPster