Local gasoline prices

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 05, 2011, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

3.43  for regular gasoline this afternoon.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

At Costco paid 3.30 a gallon saturday morning for regular gasoline grade.... 76 bucks for fuel in truck and 5 gallon can for the lawn equipment..

sunday morning we make a Costco run for stuff.  Can never get out of Costco under 200 bucks.  Of course gasoline is now 3.20 a gallon ....  :twisted:

the worse part for me is I am happy it is only 3.20 a gallon from the freaking thieves
Tony

enjenjo

Friday it was back up to $3.659 here.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rooster

St. Louis

11/25/10..... 2.52 a gal yesterday
11/29 ...... 2.79 a gal today
12/9 ....... 2.89 a gal
2/21/11 ....... 3.09.9
2/24/11......319.9
3/3/11........329.9
3/9/11.......3.39.9
3/16/11......3.49.9
3/25/11.....359.9
4/8/11.......369.9
4/11/11......389.9
4/21/11......399.9
5/10/11......409.9 ( there was a breif drop of 385.6 for afew days)
6/18/11.....359.9 (just droped .10)
6/21/11.....349.9 (another drop, filled everything today)
7/4/11......339.9

Assume the position!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crosley.In.AZ

paid  3.30 a gallon for regular gasoline friday evening.

Diesel fuel is still at 3.80 - 3.90 a gallon depending on location in the valley  that I see.
Tony

phat46

$3.85 a gal for regular here. It went "down" to as low as $3.72 a couple weeks ago then jumped back up 13cents overnight. The local stations are full of Canadians because the gas is so cheap over here.  :roll:

river1

on wed i went to costco and their price was $3.23 but i didn't need gas so i didn't fill. later i went by the local cheapest non costco and they were $3.27. thur i went by same station and it $3.25. i'll be filling probably mon and we'll see what it is then.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

I paid 3.57 in Salina. That was the lowest I saw on the trip.
TEAM SMART

Uncle Bob

I have some mixed feelings about posting this up because I figure the hardline, for want of a better term, conspiracy folks won't be swayed by real time examples, but what the heck.  For some others this might be educational.

Just saw one of those kyron crawls on a financial show noting after hour trading on crude oil taking a $5 drop to somewhere around $75.  Who knows what it will look like by morning.  My purpose is to demonstrate something we've tried to talk about earlier.  Commodity traders (often called "speculators") are active both on the up and the down movement in price.  So why are these "greedy" guys driving down the future price?  Most likely it's because they read the tea leaves showing a world wide recession.............again!  What's more troubling is that the price of gold is still rising, and the dollar is dropping.  Usually when the dollar drops crude rises because the sellers want to stay at least even with the value rather than the numerical dollar denomination.  When crude goes the other way on the declining dollar they must REALLY be negative on future sales.

Just something to think about.

Oh, and anticipating the "yeah, but the price isn't dropping that fast", that's correct.  The people who own the fuel in the tanks and distribution stream are still invested at the "old" price and don't want to take the bath.  On the up trend they're pricing for anticipated future replacement price, on the down trend it's about minimizing possible losses.

Flame away.....
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

river1

drove by a couple of stations today that were at $3.19.

maybe with crude dropping (for what ever reason) it'll get below 3 bucks soon.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

oldbobsign

$3.96 South of Chicago - still the highest in the country.  * taxes!

phat rat

I couldn't belive it but gas in the LA area and south was less than here at home. I paid $3.63 in Fallbrook Ca Mon afternoon. I got home last night and gas on my side of town is $3.79
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

It was $3.48/9 Monday evening and $3.58/9 Tuesday evening at Sam's Club while most others had went to $3.79/9 on Monday evening.

Pretty suspicious looking to the obviously uneducated, ignorant and stupid consumer.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

58 Yeoman

My small town is $3.68, while I rode 25 miles on the bike tonight, and paid $3.48.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil