PhatRat (Jack Parker) injured

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, January 02, 2011, 08:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

39deluxe

That had to be a scary moment. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Tom

parklane

Mend quickly Jack. Next time try to use a different 'bumper'.
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

reborn55

Good luck with your recovery.  Take care.

Bruce Dorsi

Sorry to learn of your mishap, Jack!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

phat rat

Looks like I'm breaking out today. Sure will be nice to be home.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"Looks like I'm breaking out today. Sure will be nice to be home.

Good news for you Jack. Nothing like being at home!

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

38HAULR

From downunder.
Best wishes for a full recovery Jack..
I have a 92yo dad who smashed his hip in a fall back in Oct.
They have a plate screwed in to hold it all together.
He is in so called rehab progressing slowly.
Just wants to get the hell out of the place.
I try and tell him ,the older you get recovery is slower.
What daily regime have you been on?.
Most of the time he is sitting in a chair next to the bed.
He does one day a week session in the gym.
I have started him on the habit of standing every hour with the walking frame moving his feet up and down or light marching on the spot.
Figuring the longer you go without weight bearing, the worse it will be.
I am trying to get some clues or tips from someone who has been through this.
Frank.

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

That's great news Jack ..... :D   Now ..Like Frank says ...Get back in the shop ... 8)   Best place in the world for "therapy" ....... :lol:

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

38hauler, on my seventh day I started rehab, today was day 18. Most days this consisted of four 45 min sessions per day. Exercises consisted of leg exercises, IE: leg lifts with help, knee bends, clenching the buttocks, heel slides, moving legs side to side, squeezing a rubber ball between the knees. Upper body exercises using weights were, curls, arms out to side and lift, overhead lifting. All of those can be done in bed. Out of bed I did walking with a walker, going up and down stairs, sitting in a chair and the therapist using an exercise band to have be pull against it. Sounds like you're trying but not getting much professional help.

chimp koose

My brother is a physio therapist in Oregon. He tells me that injurys heal BETTER with physio. Without proper physio there are often troubles with range of motion in joints as the scarring is random wheras with physio the injured area heals in a way that allows the greatest mobility in the end .Do your therapy! It may not be fun but you will benefit from it.

phat rat

Quote from: "chimp koose"My brother is a physio therapist in Oregon. He tells me that injurys heal BETTER with physio. Without proper physio there are often troubles with range of motion in joints as the scarring is random wheras with physio the injured area heals in a way that allows the greatest mobility in the end .Do your therapy! It may not be fun but you will benefit from it.

I will be continuing therapy. I have a therapist coming to the house for a while then will be going out for it.

oldbobsign

Jack, so sorry to hear of your injury.  Reading through the thread has been an education.  It had the potential to be so much worse.

You'll be back on the road in no time, Mr. Lucky!

Fuzzy

Haven't been on here much lately,just saw this post.Sorry to hear what happened,but glad to hear you're on the mend.Listen to the doctors and don't overdo anything.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!