so i get this e-mail...

Started by tomslik, July 27, 2004, 02:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

duhhhhhhh, is this a scam?
                    MORRIS BILLS MOTORS
IMPORTERS & EXPORTERS OF MOTOR CARS,BIKE,PICK-UP,VAN & TRUCKS.ALL OVER THE WORLD : ASIA,AMERICA,AFRICA,AUSTRALIA &
EUROPE
OUR REF:                 YOUR REF:             DATE              
        PURCHASE OF YOUR MOTOR VEHICLE
Good day,    
  I really appreciate the bus i saw on your website www.cars-on-line.com which your car is one of them,I'm really interested in that your car and i want to buy it from  you.

But  firstly, let me use this medium to introduce myself to you, I'm MCBRIDE HUGHLEY ,I am an automobile dealer in parts Europe and and all over  Africa and I buy  and resell automobiles to my Costomers  according to their demands, I have business associate in many parts of the world,I will be so delighted to buy the car from you ,

I will like you to send me information on:

-Why you want to sell the bus,

-How long you have been using the bus&

-The present condition of it

Please let me also know your final asking price so that I can start making arrengement for your payment immediately with my new US client/friend.

Let me at this point tell you the way I will like to pay,it is be by a CHEQUE if you don't mind my method of payment you can just get back to me,I will be so delighted to do business with me,mail me back ASAP.

God bless you.

Morris Bills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

tom

a classic scam!!! poor english, poor spelling, and take a check!!!!!! run, and run fast!! and report it to the proper authorities. just my thoughts.

Ohio Blue Tip

Ya THINK !  
He needs to buy a better translator!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

purplepickup

Quote from: "tomslik"...let me use this medium to introduce myself to you, I'm MCBRIDE HUGHLEY.....

God bless you.

Morris Bills.

...uhh....will the real MCBRIDE HUGHLEY, alias MORRIS BILLS please stand up???....if you know what your real name is...

Heck, take his check for 8K for the bus you don't have for sale, cash it, and lets have a party.  MCBRIDE MORRIS HUGHLEY BILLS is buyin'!  
God Bless you too Mr BILLS :b-d:
George

1FATGMC

If I remember this scam goes something like this:

He will send you a cashier's check for the $8000.00 and ask you to send him a check for say $2000.00 for his commission on the deal.

Then you find out that his cashier's check doesn't clear, but your $2000.00 check does clear on his end and he has your $2000.00.

Well something like this anyway.

c ya, Sum

Broman

Send him an e-mail and tell him to send you a self addressed stamped envelope so you can send him a check. When you get the sase you take a picture of your * and tell him he can kiss it........

47wood

A scam for sure!!!  Tell him in order to make the deal you'll need him to send the money via Western Union.  Always be careful ...don't underestimate these bozos!    :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

tomslik

well, i DO have an ad there but it's for a chevelle :roll:

can't print what i sent back on this site :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Pep

Now all this makes sense...I have had email corressponence from  a guy that wanted my Cleveland heads...this is what he sent...

Hello,

I am interested in buying this Cleveland 4V closed chamber head from you if it is still available for sale and will like you to get back to me immediately with your selling price so we can further transaction.

Thanks,

Charles.
44-870-1319178

So I responded...still confused to what line of business this guy was in...But I played along and replyed with
Charles

The price is $600 the pair
Send a cheque and as soon as it clears you can arrange for pick up. I don't know if you can direct deposit into my account but if you can, here are the details...I don't know what packing you require, but as you know, these heads are HEAVY. A cardborad box won't suffice. Can you carrier pack them properly?

( I supplied such and he didn't flinch )

Cheers

He then sent back this....

Dear Allen,

I thank you for your message, content noted. Your particulars has been forwarded to my client for the immediate payment of this heads. The payment may likely get to you by the first week of August. The price for $600 is ok by me.  

Yes, my carrier can only come for the pick up after payment has been received by you. I have instructed my client over there in the States to send the total money owed to me in your favour which covers the Cleveland 4V Closed Chamber head after which the rest balance will be sent to my inspector/carrier. Don't bother about the size of this head, my carrier will handle the crating and all other things concerning the shipment as he is use to the kind of equipments/goods.

I shall notify you when i hear from him concerning the payment ok?

Have a nice weekend and God bless you.

Charles.

Now with all the obvious uncertanty of what this guy thinks he is buying  and his lack of plurals I started to get suspicious so I sent this back.

Charles.....

I'm.slightly dubious to what this is about. I get the feeling that you think I'm in the USA. I am in Australia so you better take that into consideration. I can tell by your wording that you don't seem to know what Cleveland 4V heads are. I would feel a lot better if I was certain that this is genuine. I know that money is money and that's all I should be concerned with, but I still can't work out what line of business you are in and all is above board. Have you got a web site.? I do have someone else that's showing interset in the heads and I don't want to tell him they are sold just yet until I can work this out.

He then responded with this

Dear Allen,
I am rather confused about your mail and the content therein!! You seem not to understand me very clearly. First, the issue of USA is where the payment for this heads, and i must correct your impression about my person and if i knows what this heads are. This is not my first time of buying such, therefore, you must not insult my personality!! You must apologise to me if i will continue this transaction with you. I am a 57years old grand father and will not allow any body to use any kind of dirty language on me ok?
As soon as i hear from you with good response,  i will instruct my client in States to send the payment to your address in Australia. I am still working on my new website, it will be ready soon, and i will send same to you when my web designer confirms it ok.
I look forward to doing good business with you in the nearest future.
Have a great day.
Sincerely.
Charles.

I then sent this

OK Charles......I have read my response and firstly I didn't use dirty language.....Here it is again so you can re-read yourself...and if age means anything, then we are the same...The only issue I see is that this is a sham...You are not in the auto game...you don't know what I'm selling, you are obviously up to no good.I think you are some kid just * me around......So...as they say in Nigeria......Bye Bye, now tell mummy good night then go to bed...

I haven't heard from him since....funny about that aint it :roll:
See Ya
Pep

Jbird

That's nothin, I won L600,000 just the other day from Lucky Day Lottery. All I had to do was send them some cash to process my claim. I used to play these blood suckers along as long as I could but now I get bored trying to decipher their spelling and grammer so it's just deletesville.
 Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Bib_Overalls

I posted an engine stand for sale on one of the Porsche web sites the other day.  Got two hits.  One from England and one from Italy.  Same basic message.  Same con.  Also won the Lucky Day lottery.  And my long lost Uncle Ned died in Nigeria and left me 30 million.  Actually, I never had an Uncle Ned but anyone with the name "Steve Hansen" will do.  I am going to follow up as soon as I get the 25 million my late Uncle John left me when he also died in Nigeria.  I particularly like the ones that are looking for an honest , reliable person to help them cheat.  Ah, greed is good.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

OzRod

Quote from: "Pep"I am rather confused about your mail and the content therein!! You seem not to understand me very clearly. First, the issue of USA is where the payment for this heads, and i must correct your impression about my person and if i knows what this heads are. This is not my first time of buying such, therefore, you must not insult my personality!! You must apologise to me if i will continue this transaction with you. I am a 57years old grand father and will not allow any body to use any kind of dirty language on me ok?
As soon as i hear from you with good response, i will instruct my client in States to send the payment to your address in Australia. I am still working on my new website, it will be ready soon, and i will send same to you when my web designer confirms it ok.

:lol:  :lol:  You really have to admire these guys. The harder they try to convice you the bigger scam it sounds!!

DRD57

I've had 29 relatives with the same last name die (including their wives and children) in autombile crashes in Nigeria in the last year. All of them left several million dollars in limbo that some thieving bastard, er  I mean barrister wants to split with me.