New RACER build day

Started by enjenjo, November 15, 2010, 05:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

So when do we want to do the next one? I will not be available the rest of Nov, or the first weekend in Dec, but any thing else is open. The two day build worked well, so I think we will do it that way again.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

I'm also not available the first weekend of Dec. This may be hard to schedule until after New Years.

enjenjo

I agree. How about the week between Christmas and New year? Or a date in January.

39deluxe

I'm off clear through that time period. Anything will work. January is open too.

Tom

Danimal

Quote from: "enjenjo"I agree. How about the week between Christmas and New year? Or a date in January.

I'm doing inventory the 27/28 but am off the rest of that week.

enjenjo

How about the 28th and 29th of December? I'm thinking we can concentrate on the frame for a change.

enjenjo

The front axle ends came in today, just have to pick up some 2" tubing now.

GPster

Because of the weather I would normally plan to drive the Jeep to Swanton but Linda is off that week and I don't want to leave her with nothing to drive but the truck for four days. On top of that I've got a doctor appointment on the 30th so even if I came I'd have two days of driving back-and-forth for just one day of work. Our daughter is doing well but still not driving so we might still have to be available to move her and the grand-daughter around. I haven't replied till now because I was trying to figure out how to make it all work out but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. GPster

enjenjo

Well, does it work for any one?

moose

39deluxe

I should be able to make it too, maybe both days depending on how my other projects go.

Danimal

28th I'm doing inventory at work but the boys could probably make it. 29th is better for me.

enjenjo

How about the 29th and 30th?

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"The front axle ends came in today, just have to pick up some 2" tubing now.

Not going to able to use the axle I donated? I'd like to make another build, but I'm going to be in Raleigh the last week of Dec.  Don't change dates on my behalf though, I'll make another one.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "enjenjo"The front axle ends came in today, just have to pick up some 2" tubing now.

Not going to able to use the axle I donated? I'd like to make another build, but I'm going to be in Raleigh the last week of Dec.  Don't change dates on my behalf though, I'll make another one.

The spindles we have are the wrong king pin inclination for the axle we have.  The axle is 8 degrees on the left, 10 degrees on the right. The spindles are 5 degrees on both sides. It's also way too wide.  I am thinking of just building a complete new one, and trading the one you sent for other parts.