Where'd you all get your cars...?

Started by EisenMark, July 23, 2004, 04:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gambler

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "Gambler"(UPDATE: I have done NOTHING with it. I dont want to sell her that badly, but I'm kinda stuck with future plans).
Babies can do that. I wondered if your computor died. There's always time to type a message between feedings. One thing nice about Colorado is that vehicle setting there don't rust to the ground while sitting like they do in Ohio. You're in a bad place though, if that California idea becomes a law and they bring it to Colorado you'd have to put plates on it every year. I hear Colorado plates aren't cheap. GPster

Lol, yeah, basically back to the good ole normal now. Also was working FT for the summer. (too bad i didnt save any $$ for winter projects).

Yes, I do realize that the weather here wont do much to hurt the old girl, besides strip the spray paint off it.

I ALMOST made a post today, sorta regarding future emissions laws and gas availibility. Farna put a Jeep 4.0 in his rambler before it got wrecked, and I thought that was pretty neat.  In the past year, what research I've done, everyone tells me that a 350 mouse would be a pain, need to strengthen the whole front of the car, the suspension couldnt handle the weight, etc. Kind of at a loss with what to do with it.  Not ready to sell, though.  Storage is no real issue.  

Basically..is ANYONE considering if they will be able to drive their hot rod/muscle/rat rod in 10-20 years?  

Yeah so I bought a running 1968 AMC Jeep Gladiator J3000 4x4 with 4.11 gears and a Kaiser 327.  Bought a 4bb intake for it off a Super Wagoneer for $30 (deal!) just in case I ever want to convert to a bigger carb. Melted the starter, currently trying to get a ministarter i bought from this guy in Mich.  in there (specially made to fit the Kaiser 327, he also makes em for flathead fords and such.)

So that's where I'm at. Know anyone that wants a good 25k (on odo) 196 Rambler engine for a resto? hehe.

manyolkars

I see old cars everywhere I go.  I go mostly to Texas, Arkansas has a LOT of cars, I see old cars everywhere in Oklahoma. I  get quite a few in Louisiana. 37 Ford panel truck, $200, 1940 Ford pickups $100. I have 9.  running original 31 coupe $2600 with truck load of parts. 1923 roadster $200, and on and on. How doya think I got my screeenname?  Texas cars are cheap.  Go to Thrall Texas, 100 acres of OLD cars, started collecting in 1961.  Finding old cars is waaay too easy

Skip

I bought my '34 in Southwick, MA when I saw it sitting on the side of ten road in front of a kid's house.  That was in '64 and I'm still driving it.

I bought my '40 Ford sedan delivery in a junk yard in Hudson Mass when I was looking for spare parts for the '40 delivery I'd bought along with a '40 Ford coupe up in Maine back in '76.  Dennis O'Brien and I went up to Maine and towed them home on a flatbed trailer behind my '76 Duster.  Sold the coupe and the original sedan delivery but still have the Duster and the other '40 delivery.

I bought my '57 Ford sedan delivery from a friend in Windsor, Ontario.  He drove it down to my place in February of '79 (for a birthday party) and I took him and his wife back home in my '79 Volare (still have both cars)

I bought my '48 Chrysler from Tex Smith back in '86. Still got it

I bought my '55 DeSoto wagon from a Chevelle restorer in Assonnet, MA after he'd had it shipped home from northern California.  That's the next project.
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting