Windshield costs on late model GM vehicle

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 02, 2010, 04:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I had the windshield replaced in my 2006 Silverado truck today.  The cost out the door , installed = 100.00 dollars

As we waited, the glass delivery  truck rolled up with 3 winders in the back for the 3 vehicles in the shop.  In and out of the shop in 1 hour 15 minutes with no appointment

Now as a business owner - self employed person for many years, it make me wonder just how much that glass cost and turn a profit after over head is paid?

This glass shop is in the area of 35 ave and Broadway road in Phoenix , near the Manzanita Speedway track.  This area is also known as "wrecking yard row.

I had the same shop install a winder in the truck near 4 yrs to the day in 2006.... cost then was 110.00 dollars
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

with luck .. parts just get cheeper and cheeper...

i wonder how much they charge insurance companies for them...

what's even weirder.. a friend ordered a new windshield online..  it came with just tape around the edges... no package... in the UPS truck...  not broken....

Leon

A friend just had his windshield in his 68 Mustang replaced for a little over $200 and that included the new rubber.

Jokester

Has one put in my son's Avalanche last year.  The first place we called wanted $374 just for the windshield, not including labor, gasket sealer, whatever.  

Made some more calls.  Finally got one installed in under an hour for about $180 out the door.  It pays to shop around.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Mikej

Ranger pick-up. If you have ins. $500 without ins. $250