Any Experience With This Supplier?

Started by crdnblu, September 23, 2010, 11:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crdnblu

I'm interested in any recent experiences (last 6 months) that anyone has had with Southern Rods and Parts.  I've done searches, but most of the info, positive & negative, that I found, is years old.
I'm considering the purchase of one of their Banjo steering wheels with the integrated GM hub.  The appearance is similar to the Lecarra #553, at a substantially reduced price.

Thanks for any input......

BFS57

Hello;
Have had experiences with them but it has been a while. I suggest that you call them and check on the availability and how long to ship. I think that they used to have stuff on EBAY but I don't know now. I have purchased from them at NSRA events as they have a big truck and hit the event circuit, unless the economy has changed that!
This crappy economy has changed lots of vendor's way they do business in the past couple years!!!
My 2 cents

Bruce

Crosley.In.AZ

I had problems with shipping from them on 1 item.  

the Owner of Southern rods tried to make good on the problems after he found my complaints posted online forum ONLY after I proved what I was saying was true

Another item was dropped mustang II spindles and chinese bearings for wheel hubs.  I specifically told them IF the bearings were chinese I did NOT want them..

Parts arrived and the bearings were chinese

Tomslik here has a different - more stronger opinion of Southern rods, mayb he will comment here.  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Digger

I bought one of their banjo wheels last year and had no problems. Prompt delivery and really nice quality wheel.

Digger
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

Learpilot

I bought their 500 wheel. If I could have seen it in person I would not have bought it. The grip is small and all the horn button was not polished. I think is is made in China. Not sure but it looks like it.

Rick