Anybody running an outside visor here?

Started by 348tripower, September 23, 2010, 08:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I have this visor that I am putting on the COE. It has a center support bracket to clamp on the divider in the windshield. I don't have the windshield in yet but the center strip of the visor is die cast and makes this baby droop in the middle. Not knowing anything about visors I am guessing thats one reason they have the center bracket. And to keep it from leaving the vehhicle at speed. Am I correct?
Thanks,
Don
Don Colliau

mrloboy

You do need the center support for the reason you stated. Some visors have a bracket that attachs to the roof above the windshield, in the center for applications with a one piece windshield. I have one from a 50 studebaker that is die cast. I would assume one could be fabricated to work on your cab. I can e-mail you pictures if it would be of any help to you. Rick

wayne petty

i don't know why i am thinking that there is a back up support inside the glass to stop the glass from deflecting ... and cracking...

one could make a nice pattern and then have it water jet cut or milled out.. so its hollow.. perhaps with a design... for those who bend around to look at it..

if doing this.. one could also make an external version..  
think the eye glass holder on the steve martin movie the *...

<0)(0>