Rust Bullet Automotive Paint Recommendations?

Started by johnnib, September 22, 2010, 05:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnib

I am still working on the conversion of a '50 Suburban to a street rod and wondered if anyone can recommend or comment on the Rust Bullet Automotive paint?  I am considering it rather than POR 15 on the frame. Thanks, John B

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

It is very good stuff.   If I could buy it locally, I would use it more.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

ONE37TUDOR

I use both products and find one works better for some applications and the other may work better for other applications.
I like the POR-15 in areas where it needs to really get down into a very small space or crack and I use it to do the inside of frames where I can spray it.
I like the rust bullet on flat surfaces especially where rust pits are present as it is thicker and will build better. It is also much easier to put up with its odors.

A new product (at least to me) is a product by KBS coatings called Rust seal. It works more like POR-15 in that is is relatively thin when applying so it gets into more of the nooks and crannies but unlike POR-15 it is VOC compliant, it can be applied over clean metal as well as rusty and it is somewhat more UV resistant although it will still need to be over coated to provide color fastness. It also comes in 8 different colors.

I have only used it once so far but I may start using it for all my work if it looks like ti is going to hold up well.

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT