Back up light switch for a Lokar shifter

Started by junkyardjeff, September 09, 2010, 09:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I looked on their website and they only show a kit for GM trans and I would like one for a Ford trans,I have one of their 32 inch shifters on a C-6 thats in my 66 F250 and would like to add back up lights so anybody have any ideas on what I can do.

wayne petty

is there any room for the factory C6 neutral safety switch and back up light switch.....

Duralast/Neutral Safety Switch
For your 1983 Ford Truck E250 3/4 ton Van 5.8L 2BL Windsor 8cyl
Part Number:   F414
Application:    Transmission model C6 (17 bolt fluid pan) (3 speed)
OEM Number:    E3UZ- 7A247- A

i posted the model info..  so you could pick it up by application...

az has a few different neutral safety switches i just wanted to let you know the proper one... to fit the transmission..  the wiring may be different.. but thats easy to make work....

junkyardjeff

I forgot about the factory switch and will look and see if there is still room for it.

Crosley.In.AZ

i believe the lokar shifter arm bolts onto the C6 shift arm in a spot for the OEM neutral switch.

The basic Lokar shifter is the same from trans to trans.. difference is in mounting of the shifter to trans.

I wonder what is different for back up switch from GM  to Ford  or is there a diff
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"i believe the lokar shifter arm bolts onto the C6 shift arm in a spot for the OEM neutral switch.

The basic Lokar shifter is the same from trans to trans.. difference is in mounting of the shifter to trans.

I wonder what is different for back up switch from GM  to Ford  or is there a diff

Yes, there is a difference. The spacing from park to reverse is the same as the spacing from reverse to neutral on GM, and on Fords there is more space between park and reverse than there is between reverse and neutral. So with a GM switch, you can have park and neutral, or back up light, but not both.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

junkyardjeff

Its beginning to look like a toggle switch on the dash would be the easiest way to go.

Crosley.In.AZ

if you look at the kit on Lokar site... it shows the parts.  Trigger arm for GM application.

My Lokar shifters have the neutral switch threaded into the shifter base.

Seems to me a guy could fab a bracket and mount a switch to be triggered for back up lights independent of the neutral switch
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)