I bet this hurt

Started by enjenjo, August 27, 2010, 09:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

WOW, that super slow motion is pretty cool!  :shock:

UGLY OLDS

Gee...that fella has a funny way of sayin'  "It was pullin' great 'til I drove over the motor" .... :lol:    Kind of a backwards version of the "Magic Muffler" Fiat.... :shock:

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Mac

The term launch has a different meaning in tractor pulling, I guess.  :shock:
Who\'s yer Data?

zzford

WOW!!!! That was something else!!! All the folks there got so excited that you couldn't understand a word they said!!!

jaybee

You mean that's not how it's supposed to explode off the line?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

unklian

Did the crank stay in the frame ?

Looked like the block ripped apart.

Beck

That is one of the diesel to alcohol conversions I had talked about. If you notice there is no black smoke plume like the diesel tractors have. If those are comparable to the US tractors they are making over 3000 hp. Tire speed is in the 80 mph range. There are 2 turbos left in the frame after the motor left. The US guys are using 3 turbos, which this tractor may have had. The two left in the frame would feed a larger one here in the US. The weak link on those motors is at the camshaft line in the block. That's where they separate. US tractors are required to run a large aircraft grade cable around the motor to retain the top half of the block and head. It looks like this motor came out pretty much as a complete piece.