MOVE OVER

Started by seadog, August 12, 2010, 12:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadog

It's 98 degrees out today and I'm bored.  'Thought I'd take a shot at painting a reverse "Move Over" graphic on the bug screen on my Deuce.  

Then I realized I have no idea of how to correctly do this.  I guess some sort of stencil is involved.  Has anybody done this and how did you make it look right, with crisp edges on the lettering.  It strikes me that it would be easy to go to a commercial graphics shop and have them cut a stencil...but how do you paint the letters onto what is essentially a piece of screen wire without making a mess???

GPster

On the Rat Fink video at one of Roth's parties the show a film of Von Dutch lettering the front of Roth's truck backwards so that people could read it viewing it with the rear-view mirror in their car. He was doing it free-hand. Maybe the heat's getting to you. You could read your thermometer like they do in Australia. Read the celcius side. The numbers are smaller. GPster

seadog

Quote from: "GPster"On the Rat Fink video at one of Roth's parties the show a film of Von Dutch lettering the front of Roth's truck backwards so that people could read it viewing it with the rear-view mirror in their car. He was doing it free-hand. Maybe the heat's getting to you. You could read your thermometer like they do in Australia. Read the celcius side. The numbers are smaller. GPster

That's exactly what I want to do, but there must be a way to do it without having to find somebody with the skills to do it freehand.  Von Dutch is dead...and some day's I don't feel too good myself.

wayne petty

something like this....

http://www.*.com/products/the-gagne-projector/?AID=10289777&PID=605341&SID=projector

project the image onto the grill..  then mark the lines with a fine tip marker..

be sure to use a tape measure to record how far back the projector is from the grill.. so if you have to duplicate the set up.. its a LOT easier..

enjenjo

go to a place that cuts vinyl signs, they have a self adhesive cover paper that they can cut a stencil into. Stick it to the screen, and spray paint over it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

seadog

Quote from: "enjenjo"go to a place that cuts vinyl signs, they have a self adhesive cover paper that they can cut a stencil into. Stick it to the screen, and spray paint over it.

Thanks...will post a picture when I'm done.