Trans Question

Started by Digger, July 31, 2010, 03:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digger

I have a 94 LT1 and OD trans out of a good running Impala. The trans and eng. have never been separated and have been installed in a 33 Ford.
Now the trans slips like it has a big stall converter and barely moves. I'll admit I know very little about automatics. Anybody have any Ideas? computer? (trans is full)
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

rog

trans maybe full, but what about the convertor? if it's low it will tend to slip.. at least in all the pre 90's stuff i've had i've found that to be the case.

slocrow

Watch out, you're gonna burn up the box. I'll bet the setting is wrong on the trans cable and it won't take much to smoke the trans. Something moved up there and needs to be reset..................Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "slocrow"Watch out, you're gonna burn up the box. I'll bet the setting is wrong on the trans cable and it won't take much to smoke the trans. Something moved up there and needs to be reset..................Frank

1994  trans would be a 4l60e , no TV  cable.

Quotetrans maybe full, but what about the convertor? if it's low it will tend to slip

If trans is full on dipstick while the engine runs in park .. the converter is full.  GM automatics fill the converter constantly as the engine runs.

QuoteI have a 94 LT1 and OD trans out of a good running Impala. The trans and eng. have never been separated and have been installed in a 33 Ford.
Now the trans slips like it has a big stall converter and barely moves. I'll admit I know very little about automatics. Anybody have any Ideas? computer? (trans is full)

:?   sure sounds like the trans is low on fluid.  Since it is in an old car, what dip stick was used?  The original dip stick and tube?

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Digger

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "slocrow"Watch out, you're gonna burn up the box. I'll bet the setting is wrong on the trans cable and it won't take much to smoke the trans. Something moved up there and needs to be reset..................Frank

1994  trans would be a 4l60e , no TV  cable.

Quotetrans maybe full, but what about the convertor? if it's low it will tend to slip

If trans is full on dipstick while the engine runs in park .. the converter is full.  GM automatics fill the converter constantly as the engine runs.

QuoteI have a 94 LT1 and OD trans out of a good running Impala. The trans and eng. have never been separated and have been installed in a 33 Ford.

:?   sure sounds like the trans is low on fluid.  Since it is in an old car, what dip stick was used?  The original dip stick and tube?

OK I'll check the fluid again. Thanks guys.
8)
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger