Custom transmission

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, July 31, 2010, 12:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I do not know what vehicle this trans is for. Not sure if it is for a caddy vehicle or not .....  Paint on the case is nice.  Very deep red colour.

t-400 caddy trans for those interested
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Did it get painted before or after you built it?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Did it get painted before or after you built it?

painted before  build ... we dis-assembled the trans , gave the case  n  tail housing to customer for smoothing and paint.  the paint is real smooth , near glass like

very touchy stuff to build and not goof up the paint.  we  build the trans standing on it's tail end of case on a stand.  2 Guys pick up and set completed trans on cart, then install tail housing  

Powder coating is worse to deal with... too hard, chips off.  Many race guys powder coat for some reason
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I've only had to deal with doing that one time, and yes it's a pain in the neck.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Digger

I have one just like that, it came out of a 70 DeVille ragtop.
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

58 Yeoman

You can send that to me for my '41, but I'll need a shorter tail shaft, though mine has a 'long' tail shaft'.  Oh, and paint it silver.   :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Did it get painted before or after you built it?

painted before  build ... we dis-assembled the trans , gave the case  n  tail housing to customer for smoothing and paint.  the paint is real smooth , near glass like

very touchy stuff to build and not goof up the paint.  we  build the trans standing on it's tail end of case on a stand.  2 Guys pick up and set completed trans on cart, then install tail housing  

Powder coating is worse to deal with... too hard, chips off.  Many race guys powder coat for some reason

don'tcha know?
powdercoating ain't supposed to chip...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list