More Economic fall out!!!

Started by BFS57, July 29, 2010, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFS57

Hello;
Have my 57 chevy at a shop fixing my leaky engine. The guy at the shop tells me to get another oil pan as mine is bad. I make a call to the local speed shop (Automotive One) here in Orlando, just down the street from the shop and order a new pan. When I go to pick it up, I am greeted by a huge entertainment center and most of the shop is in boxes! I ask about my pan and the owner finds it. He then informs me that he will be closing his doors very soon.
That speed shop has been there over 20 years!
Just a sign of the times of our lousy economy!
Really Sucks!!

Bruce

58Apache

...and maybe too many purchases of "Made in China" ....and "made in America ...but the profits go to Tokyo and Seoul"?

Leon

The internet and the big shops like Summit and Jegs have done the small guy in.

32coupe

The same thing is happening here in Australia, the big boys are putting the little guys out of buisiness with their bulk buying power and internet shoping options.

It's a real pity, as now it's getting harder to talk to a guy over the counter who knows what he's talking about.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Crosley.In.AZ

couple of miles from us a very old AZ grocery company closed a store while in reorganization - bankruptcy court.

I noticed a week ago , a sign telling of a small shop in there is closing july 31...  that will be the 3rd shop to close in the mall since the large food store closed doors.

We go to the Taco shop there for some real good - basic Mexican food
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Carps"Do they have fish tacos?

I think fish in a taco is not allowed in Arizona

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

slocrow

I got it!!!!  I usually find myself thinking of "fish tacos" after a few martinis.  :twisted:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat rat

Quote from: "slocrow"
I got it!!!!  I usually find myself thinking of "fish tacos" after a few martinis.  :twisted:

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rrumbler

A sign of the times - in all markets.  I need support socks, and used to be able to get them at a local place for about 15 bucks; no more, local place gone, internet is the only place I can find what I want, and at twentyfive to fifty smackeroos a pair, no less;  :(  :cry:  :x  :x  :x..........

A year ago, our local Albertsons was closed; the SavOn next door went a month later, and now the only things left open in that center, of twenty shops, are a Pizza Hut and a chinese take out - and they are not doing a land office business, either.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

DrJ

Quote from: "Crosley"

I think fish in a taco is not allowed in Arizona

8)

The first Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill I ever had a fish taco in was in Gilbert AZ!
And they are GOOOD!

Okiedokie

The best fish tacos I have had are at Guerros [sp?] in Austin Tx.

It is not the big boys that put Mom and Pop out of business, it was US! We want it in stock at the best price. Either big box discount or online.

Carnut

Yep Okiedokie you got that right.

We all share the blame on that one.