something abit different

Started by taxpyer, June 08, 2010, 05:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxpyer

I have this 89 Mazda PU. Just a runner,,,, anyways it was using about a 1/2" of brake fluid about every three months or so out of the reservoir :? . Well it's a daily driver and abit of a beater :oops: . You all know the type. :lol:  Anyways I had this annoying miss that would happen for about a minute then clean up , sometimes once aday some times once a week. Never could get it to miss near the shop. :x  
My brake master started to weep abit so I replaced it.  :arrow: It has been amonth now and the @#$%^&* thing hasn't missed abeat :evil: . I have heard of it before but very rarely, where a vacuum booster will be sucking brake fluid. :idea:  Looks like that was my problem in the first place but it never consumned enough fluid to "alert" me to it. :roll  I'm sure you fellows have run across this before. Just something i thought might go into the old memory bank.
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

enjenjo

Yup, had it happen myself. Keep an eye on the fluid, if it continues to go down, the booster may be damaged too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

butch27

That's something good to know. Might be happening on my '92 Astro.

taxpyer

I replaced the vacuum booster and yes, my brakes are abit better so I am quite confident that was my problem. :roll:  The truck has never ran better. :D  Now all I have to do is keep chasing the headaches these older off shore rigs have built in them. :?
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later