1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I visited Glen's place on sunday...  the car looks better in person,  he is doing nice work.

He does not dawddle as he works, he makes his wife do yard work and spread the 'stuff' on the yards.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

a little extra stopping power and some downforce.

wayne petty

i love what you have done glen....

its ART WORK...

i just have one question....

how do you get the complete car off the table...

i know its probably got ramps...  but i just had to ask...

Glen

I will pick up the back with the gantry crane and the front with the engine hoist.  Even without the hoist, I could pick up the rear with the gantry crane and two men could pick up the front end by hand as long as the motor is out.  its very light.

Im dying to take it off the table, but I know it will complicate things.  I need to get the floor finished and probably the brake lines.

Crosley.In.AZ

Guys:

Here is a little something to think on......  look at the photos,  check out the size of the rear tires.

How do you get that large of tire under the car ?  Quarter panel is down over the tire sidewall a ways.......  :shock:
Tony

jaybee

It's a variation on how the big guys build cars...start with a heater core, then build a car around it.  :)
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"Guys:

Here is a little something to think on......  look at the photos,  check out the size of the rear tires.

How do you get that large of tire under the car ?  Quarter panel is down over the tire sidewall a ways.......  :shock:

BIG jack?
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"Guys:

BIG jack?

You are on the correct path... think over head lift device
Tony

Glen

I pulled the car down off the table today.  ElPolacko from industrial chassis is cutting some 24" tall stands for me so I can get it back up when I need to work under it.  

Taking it off the table was easy, I used my engine hoist on the front and my gantry crane on the rear......once it was up I slid the table out.

UGLY OLDS

Again ..Beautiful work Glen... 8)     Those rear tires sure infringe on your luggage space, huh  :?:  :? ....

What is the box with the screen & all the knobs in the background of the photo showing the rear of the car :?:  

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"What is the box with the screen & all the knobs in the background of the photo showing the rear of the car :?:  

thank you.

the box is a Kitamura CNC mill.  if i would quit building cars and screwing around with the day job i would have time to make some widgets.

kb426

I like your car. I like your work. I love the cnc mill. Keep on working bud, you're doing very good.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: Glen
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"What is the box with the screen & all the knobs in the background of the photo showing the rear of the car :?:  

thank you.

the box is a Kitamura CNC mill.  if i would quit building cars and screwing around with the day job i would have time to make some widgets.

WOW    :!:    8)    :b-d:     To think I thought I was doin' pretty good with an Atlas 618, a drill press with the "wobbles"  & a complete selection of files.....( With wooden HANDLES no less...)   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That looks like it could make some SERIOUS "chips"...... :lol:  8)

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Glen has some good equipment.  He is also very methodical on how he attacks a project.

8)
Tony

Glen

Our good friend and super-fly chassis guy Steve from industrial chassis cut these plates out for me.  I had a basic idea and Steve turned it in to something better.

Once these are fitted together and welded up they will be bullet proof.  I wanted a way to work under the car safely but at the same time i wanted the car sitting on its suspension.  They are 24" tall, the front stands are 6" wide at the top and the rears are 16" wide on the top.

I leaned them together just to take a picture, I will post them again after welding and powder coating.  If you look closely the inner sides have a small foot on them.