1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

So what do you do in your spare time? Very nice work.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Jeez.....I feel good when a patch panel fits the first time ..... :shock:
Glen ...That is some incredible work .... 8)  );b(

Bob.......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

I know....its a little too early for this but I couldnt resist.  Techinically it is now a "Roller" but I dont want to take it off the table.

the axles are in, brakes are on

taxpyer

Damm Glen, Even the table looks great! :shock:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Glen"I know....its a little too early for this but I couldnt resist.  Techinically it is now a "Roller" but I dont want to take it off the table.

the axles are in, brakes are on

HEY GUYS  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:     Everybody look close    :!:  :!:   We caught Glen   :!:  :!:  :!:

The first photo ....Are those chips on the floor by a machine  :?:  :?:  :?:   ( Look close under the front of the car ) .....

Second Photo......Are those oil stains on the floor    :?:  :?:  :P

Had to do it Glen ..... :lol:  :lol:   Beautiful work as always .... 8)   I wish my frames came out looking as good as your table does ..... :roll:   Keep up the good work .... );b(

Glen

Quote from: UGLY OLDS
 HEY GUYS  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:     Everybody look close    :!:  :!:   We caught Glen   :!:  :!:  :!:

The first photo ....Are those chips on the floor by a machine  :?:  :?:  :?:   ( Look close under the front of the car ) .....

Second Photo......Are those oil stains on the floor    :?:  :?:  :P

Had to do it Glen ..... :lol:  :lol:   Beautiful work as always .... 8)   I wish my frames came out looking as good as your table does ..... :roll:   Keep up the good work .... );b(

Ha....thats a good one.....you got me.  I just realized the brake pic didnt post.

this rear rotor is not a vented rotor, its a single blade like the front.  I took a lot of weight out of this with the new brakes and axles.

Glen

firewall anyone?  my first time using silicon bronze filler rod to weld sheetmetal  and it is awesome....the rod melts quickly and makes it easier to weld the 22 ga. sheetmetal to the tubing.  the rule book says it only need to be stitch welded.

sirstude

So you are using the silicon bronze rod with your TIG, correct?

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Glen

correct, just on the sheetmetal portion...there are no mig welds on this car.

rog

Hi Glen, awesome car, awesome work! couple of quick questions if you dont mind?
1. what filler rod/wire do you usually use with your tig?
2. what is silicone bronze rod? & why use it for the panels sections only?

cheers, Andrew

Glen

Quote from: "rog"Hi Glen, awesome car, awesome work! couple of quick questions if you dont mind?
1. what filler rod/wire do you usually use with your tig?
2. what is silicone bronze rod? & why use it for the panels sections only?
cheers, Andrew

On normal structural stuff I use ER70S2.  I found out about the S.B. rod thru a friend who suggested it.  The floor is 22 GA. the firewall is 20 GA

here is a good article from Ron Covell that explains why it works.
http://metalshapers.org/101/covell/covell-silbronze.shtml

and let me add....I am not an expert Tig welder, Im just trying to learn all of the tricks of the trade to get better.

Glen

I feel like some things are really starting to pickup up now.  The body is attached to the chassis and it is up on its own feet.  If I can get some friends to push me around the neighborhood I can drive it.  I have a 540 CI short block in the making from Steve Morris with an f3 Procharger.  The experts tell me it will take at least 1600 HP to get it in the high 7's

UGLY OLDS

I bet when nobody's around , Glen is in the seat making Vroom-Vroom noises ... 8)      It's OK Glen, time to Fess up...... :lol:

Beautiful work...It's almost a shame to cover it all up with the body .... :D

Bob......... :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

very nice.  hope to view it this weekend

The Steve Morris wagon is a hoot to watch in the videos
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I bet when nobody's around , Glen is in the seat making Vroom-Vroom noises ... 8)      :

yes, but i cant do it with my helmet on, it gets all fogged up and steamy.