Corvette messege boards

Started by phat46, May 16, 2010, 01:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Anyone know of a good Corvette board? My friend bought one and now has many questions...I'm not a 'vette guy so I'm limited in my help for him.

slocrow

Quote from: "phat46"Anyone know of a good Corvette board? My friend bought one and now has many questions...I'm not a 'vette guy so I'm limited in my help for him.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com  

I've been a member here for over 10 years and although knowledge comes and goes it's always been real informative and populated.........Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat46

Thanks, that looks like a good one.

phat rat

What year did he end up buying?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"What year did he end up buying?
He got a '78 Anniversary Edition. The original engine had spun a bearing so it has a mid '80's truck engine in it now with some aftermarket stuff on it. the car is low miles, original black paint (not real good). The interior is o.k. for now, but could use covers and carpet. All in all a pretty solid car that can be made nice with some work. He got the original engine with it that I made him keep in case he ever sells the car. The frame is excellant and body just needs paint. I couldn't find anyway to talk him out of it!  :D

39deluxe

The ultimate site for Corvette news and information is www.corvetteactioncenter.com . Of course I'm biased as I'm an administrator over there.

Tom

phat46

Quote from: "39deluxe"The ultimate site for Corvette news and information is www.corvetteactioncenter.com . Of course I'm biased as I'm an administrator over there.

Tom

Looks like a good one too, I've passed them along. We got the wipers and horn to work, now he's fighting dead power windows.

rumrumm

www.chevytalk.org

There are forums for specific models.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

phat rat

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "39deluxe"The ultimate site for Corvette news and information is www.corvetteactioncenter.com . Of course I'm biased as I'm an administrator over there.

Tom

Looks like a good one too, I've passed them along. We got the wipers and horn to work, now he's fighting dead power windows.

When I had a problem with the power windows in my 74 it was due to dirty switch contacts
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "phat46"

Tom

When I had a problem with the power windows in my 74 it was due to dirty switch contacts

The windows worked when he bought the car and both quit at the same time. I suggested we look at the breaker for the window motors but when we finally found the fuse panel I realised i was too old and too big to get to the breaker, he's going to try and get it out and see if it's bad. Some one has been "fixing" electrics under the hood, I found some yellow wire nuts  :shock:  on a "repair"  He works on the freighters so he'll be back out soon and the car will sit till fall. i told him we can fix stuff and  do a repaint this winter.

rumrumm

Wire nuts, huh? Sounds like the guys who did the "repairs."
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

wayne petty

just in case... autozone.com

covers the corvettes really well in their FREE repair info...

wiring diagrams...

vacuum diagrams...

other info.. also...

join in the upper right corner of their web page...

select your car...    just above where you selected your car...  there will be blue words...   view repair info...

its nice to be able to look up info... online for free..

they also cover a lot of other popular cars...

64 up mid size gm's

64 to 73 mustangs and 79 up... no M2 data...

1952 up jeeps

and an absolute ton of newer data..

just thought i would chip in... i use this source almost daily.. i just barely miss having access to the shop computer...

phat46

Quote from: "wayne petty"just in case... autozone.com

covers the corvettes really well in their FREE repair info...

wiring diagrams...

vacuum diagrams...

other info.. also...

join in the upper right corner of their web page...

select your car...    just above where you selected your car...  there will be blue words...   view repair info...

its nice to be able to look up info... online for free..

they also cover a lot of other popular cars...

64 up mid size gm's

64 to 73 mustangs and 79 up... no M2 data...

1952 up jeeps

and an absolute ton of newer data..

just thought i would chip in... i use this source almost daily.. i just barely miss having access to the shop computer...

Thanks Wayne, should be a big help!

purplepickup

And......He can check the knowledge base here too if he wants.  I'll bet there's some car nuts here that would benefit from some challenging 'vette discussions. 8)
George

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"And......He can check the knowledge base here too if he wants.  I'll bet there's some car nuts here that would benefit from some challenging 'vette discussions. 8)

good idea George, it will be a learning experience for me, maybe we can all learn something about these things.  I was never a "vette guy, i knew a couple guys that had them, but I wasn't interested. I drove this one and i guess i can see how it might appeal to guys....needs a lot more power though... :D