Ford Barn has a New Owner and New Look

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, May 07, 2010, 07:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Most probably know already that Ryan Cochran from The Atomic Industry family of car based websites purchased the Ford Barn.  Well the site went live today with the new look.

www.FordBarn.com
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

I was there earlier, looks good. I;m glad all that info was saved.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

57larry

don't like the new look, Chevy Barn is still the same, thank God

UGLY OLDS

I PROTEST  :!:  :!:  :!:  :evil:  :evil:
I DEMAND an Oldsmobile Barn  :!:  :!:  :!:

Denise.....Gather all your friends  :!:
   Protest NOW !!

Ford Barn .....Chevy Barn...Barn Find....Cow Barn..... :?:  :?:  :?:

We DEMAND an Oldsmobile Barn  :!:  :lol:  :lol:  :-}

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

I think the classifieds are much easier to go through. Things were just all jumbled together before.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

ONE37TUDOR

Sure happy for them that they don't have to rely on my support. When they shot the street rod section they lost me.
There was already one HAMB board and I sure don't see any reason to kill something else just to garner support for more HAMB type BS.
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "ONE37TUDOR"Sure happy for them that they don't have to rely on my support. When they shot the street rod section they lost me.
There was already one HAMB board and I sure don't see any reason to kill something else just to garner support for more HAMB type BS.

Trust me, the last thing Ryan wants is a bunch of streetrodders on the HAMB.  The HAMB's focus is traditional styled hot rods and customs.  

Not everyone is going to be thrilled with the changes.  Ryan is doing what he thinks is right for the FB.  If it wasn't for him the whole site would have shut down last week.

If you send him an email and calmly explain what you liked about the streetrod portion of the Ford Barn, and do so without an attitude, he'll listen.  I agree with you that FORD streetrod guys do not belong on the HAMB BUT on the flip side if there wasn't much interest in the Streetrod section of the Ford Barn then why bother having it?  Ryan has statistics on how many visitors to that area, how often, how long they stayed, how many posts, etc.  If the majority of the threads in the Streetrod section were tradtional in their base then directing those folks to the HAMB is the correct thing to do because of redundancy.

My Mother has a saying she uses.....don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

ONE37TUDOR

I have no issue with Ryan or the traditional nature of the Hamb, however I do not care to see the whole tone of street rodding going traditional.

I am also glad that someone took over the operation of the Ford Barn but to say that it would be dead if not for Ryan is simply not true! There were several parties interested in taking over and operating the board although I have to assume that Ryans proposal was the most acceptable to the old board administration?

I enjoy reading the posts on the HAMB and have been a member through at least three major board revisions but rarely post there. I just do not agree with the overall tone of a minority of the membership and they tend to spoil the experience for me. But that is just me and my choices.
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

Carnut

Humm, I thought this was THE street rod forum?

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Carnut"Humm, I thought this was THE street rod forum?

Me too but I am usually wrong about most things, just ask my wife.

Learpilot

Quote from: "Carnut"Humm, I thought this was THE street rod forum?
I WANT A STREET ROD BARN !!!
Full of Street Rods !
Rick

57larry

I don't get why this Ryan guy doesn't like street rods? His 38 Ford coupe has a M II front end under it. Sounds like a street rod to me...

UGLY OLDS

QuoteI WANT A STREET ROD BARN !!!

Hey Rick....It didn't work for me either .... :(   Maybe we should say please  ???

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

zzford

One37tudor, I agree with you. I frequent the HAMB, but I am put off by the anti-streetrod sentiment there. I guess that group doesn't realize that their cars fit in the "street rod" catagory as defined by Tex Smith et al when the NSRA was formed. However, I do believe that the so-called traditional movement will eventually fade, as did the ghost flames, ultra smooth look and pastel paint jobs have done. The traditional formula has been layed out and the cars are beginning to all look the same. Soon, it will be just another ho-hum look.

Harry

Next thing will be "Alliance" cards for sale.
"Send money!!"