What steering box is it

Started by bucketmouth, April 30, 2010, 09:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

If the tag on the ecu is correct, you have a manual trans ecu. Post some pics of the other side of the intake, throttle body and everything running to the air filter.
TEAM SMART

bucketmouth

Quote from: "kb426"If the tag on the ecu is correct, you have a manual trans ecu. Post some pics of the other side of the intake, throttle body and everything running to the air filter.

Hope that's good enough to glean any info off.
The tag did say 92 mustang   302 HO manual
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

kb426

That looks to me like a stock throttle body. Measure only the butterfly for size. You have mass air metering. It has a stock meter for a 55mm. ford housing that would be for 19 lb. injectors unless someone has reprogrammed it. If they have, it should have something relabeled and I see no sign of that. You have good stuff. In the Ford performance catalog there is a listing of parameters for injector size versus horsepower ratings if you're considering upgrading.
TEAM SMART

zzebby

Yes you have the good HO engine and a good computor.  You should have lots of fun with that and learning how it works  and tweaking it a bit at a time is fun and rewarding too. Get on some of the Mustang sites and just learn......just small adjustments until you decide what you want.  It is a well matched system as is so go slow.  Maybe a bit more timing to start.
I kept mine stock.

bucketmouth

Thanks guys for the info and heads up on it. The only thing I need to know now is what year is it.
I must admit driving the car with the AOD in it it's like driving a late model car. Cruises on the freeway at 65mph real quiet like but when you put your foot down it goes like the clappers. It's nothing like my other cars to drive that's for sure.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

kb426

Short of disassembly, I don't know how to tell. 2 things are important: if it's an 86, it has different pistons than all the other years that don't have clearance for any mods, if it's a roller cam it will be the same for 87 through the last years in an Explorer all the way to around 2000. The eec iv is the same with mass air from around 89 until 92.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Had a look at the engine block above the starter and the only casting Nos I could find were FISE or that could be F1SE and that's all. I've searched different Ford sites without any luck. Do those Nos make sense?

That looks to be a 91 casting number, but I am not certain.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Ford date numbers stopped when they no longer put the metal tags on the intake manifold. On the original valve covers, there should have been a tag that had a vin number for it. I didn't have any results finding anywhere to decipher the numbers. Here's a link to a Corral.net answer http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1188459&highlight=5.0+block+casting+numbers
TEAM SMART