What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

I had to replace the ignition switch in my T bucket after 17 years, easy I thought just go buy another one. Pfffft they don't make that one anymore and the one I need had to fit in a recessed hole in the ali dash. Found another one but the nut had to be turned down to fit in the recess. All fixed now.
I picked up my repaired radiator after it split when I drove it over some rough dirt roads during a weekend country cruise so I'll be fitting that today.
Then I'll have a look at the roadster I think the rear axle seal is now leaking.
I thought hot rodding was supposed to be fun.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

enjenjo

I spent the day doing long overdue maintenance on my lathe. It had quite a build up of crud, most of it in non critical areas, but it just looked nasty.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I rode this to coffee this morning. I'm just as happy now as when I purchased it 15 years ago. :)
TEAM SMART

Choptop

I was going to work on assembling my car today. But I got a call from someone that needed a large locust tree removed. So guess what I spent my day doing. Woopee !

It's all good though. I use a fireplace insert as a supplement to heating my home during the winter. And the way the winter's have been going the last few years (colder than usual), it's good that I have plenty of wood on hand.
Locust burns very hot, and it doesn't take a long time to season, either.

Only, now I'm too tired and my arthritis is really kicking in. So I'm in my recliner, sipping on a glass of Crown Royal Reserve on the rocks. :)
Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what you
have not.
Remember, what you have now was once among
the things you only hoped for !

jaybee

Spent Friday/Saturday at ARCA & Indycar races at Iowa Speedway. Brutal heat on Friday with 109 heat index, but the racing was outstanding.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

GPster

Was away Friday afternoon and when I got home my wife informed me the A/C wasn't working The compressor was running and there was a hint the suction line had some cold in it. Then I noticed the condenser fan wasn't running. Called the local Lennox dealer and got their recording saying that they weren't open on the weekends but would take a message.  When they called back they took the model number to see if they had a motor in stock Saturday morning. They didn't and wouldn't be able to have until Tuesday. They gave me the names of two other dealer in a 25 mile radius. Got a hold of one dealer but he was on a job and would call me back as soon as he got back to his shop. His job took two more hours but he did call and had the motor and capacitor but he was going home so if we wanted them we'd have to pick them up at his house/farm. Got the parts about 3:00  and went home. I dreaded getting the fan off the old motor's shaft but it went well. Cleaned the condenser while I had everything apart and the unit started right up when I got it back together. Rested well and got up this morning and went to sit on the back porch with my first cup of coffee. My wife was getting into the hot tub and it's temperature was 101 so she turned the pump and bubler on to circulate the water. It blew a hose apart and started losing water. I turned off the electric to it and let it drain. We plan on going to Denver and beyond starting the tenth of August and that will be one less thing to worry about breaking while we're gone. We're paying somebody to stay at the house and feed the cat and the chickens. We didn't promise her the hot tub but with the A/C and television working she can spend her time in the house and get tired of eating eggs. Didn't work on anything car related but I'm tired just the same. GPster

chimp koose

spent the last couple days at the wifes family farm helping her aunt and uncle move out of the original home into one they just built in the same yard. I removed a kitchen bench to put into our kitchen at home. Behind the bench I found a letter from her grandmother to her grandfather dated 1956. It is an emotional time for her aunt as she has lived in the house for 65 years .

enjenjo

I finished the lathe today, all cleaned up. Cleaned and lubricated the three jaw chuck, repaired a cracked casting on the cross slide, that took all the play out of it. Set the nibs to remove the play there, cleaned and lubed the tail stock, should be good for another 30 years.

While I was doing that I installed some more LED lights in the shop. I still have 4 florescent fixtures left, I'll get them the next time a ballast goes bad. The price on the LED light has dropped by half since I started switching over.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

zzebby

Just got back from the meltdown and can't get the pics off the phone and onto the home cpu. Usually use the work one ??
Wild time, stinkin humid hot but the raw testosterone of the event had everyone smiling despite the sweat. Yes saw Hooley perform and those southeast gassers do a great show. Best part was the laid back layout where you could just go up and talk with the guys anytime. Met Ohio George, Ed Isky and Bones ...lotta history there.

UGLY OLDS

Just got back from a car show we go to every year ..  Lots of good people ...120+ mile poker run on Saturday & show on Sunday ..  Always a good time ..
Had to open the "tool bag" a couple of times this year as multiple friends had car issues at the corner of "corn & beans".. They now under stand why I carry "all that junk" in my trunk... :roll:

This was sent to me , perhaps something to watch for   :?:

http://www.theunknownsmovie.com/

Bob ....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

Thanks for posting that, Bob.  Although I don't have fb, I'll watch for it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

We got home from the Meltdown last night.  Great weekend and a great show.  George should have some video.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Quote from: "zzebby"Just got back from the meltdown ...
Wild time, stinkin humid hot but the raw testosterone of the event had everyone smiling despite the sweat. Yes saw Hooley perform and those southeast gassers do a great show.
Would have been nice to have met up. We spent quite a bit of time under canopy shade between runs. Bob K stopped by.

Here's a video I took on my cheap phone. If I knew how to edit it I would have.
George

Hooley

George, The Video came out great. Thank you.
"Just Glade To Be Here"

sirstude

Great video, how fast was that run?
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us