What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "50 F1"Had a bad ice storm up here in Michigan. Power was out for 38 hours. Power just came on about a hour ago. It got cold in the house. 41*

Mike

Wow, we didn't. Get any ice down here but we had three days of heavy rain, rivers flooding, yards flooded, but nothing as bad as no power!

purplepickup

George

Charlie Chops 1940

Did my taxes with Turbo Tax 3 weeks ago today, submitted elrctronically and had both refunds in my accounts by the next Thursday.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Changed the tranny fluid in my wife's Saturn Vue today. It's a Honda drivetrain so you have to use the ATF Z1 fluid. I got 12qts.  For only $80. :shock: the procedure is to drain the pan, see how much came out and refill, repeat this twice more with a short drive in between. At least they make it easy with a easy to access drain plug on the trans and a short piece of hose on the dipstick tube made it easy to refill each time. Only took an hour and a half including the ten minute trips between refills. I spent over ten minutes looking for the dipstick . The manual says it's at the rear of the engine compartment near the center..somehow mine got to the front of the compartment next to the battery.

Crosley.In.AZ

Road trip to Apache Junction.  looking for outdoor fire pit (propane) for wife.  Found some fireplace funnel pipe stacks (clay type) she wanted.

No firepit yet.

Treid to re-fill a propane tank.  I was told it is out of date by 4 years.  Odd, I have been filling it regularly at a place in Phx
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

priced out the new Goldwing I want.  2013 model with an airbag.  $29,770 out the door.

It is top of the line with ABS , GPS, heated seats grips, iPod hook up , yada , yada

I'm gonna need to save up some more Sheckles till the purchase happens
Tony

58 Yeoman

Our Menards will take old tanks in exchange for new ones...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"Road trip to Apache Junction.  looking for outdoor fire pit (propane) for wife.  Found some fireplace funnel pipe stacks (clay type) she wanted.

No firepit yet.

Treid to re-fill a propane tank.  I was told it is out of date by 4 years.  Odd, I have been filling it regularly at a place in Phx

Kill two birds with one stone

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=344500

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

recent winds in AZ have been heavy.

An old HF wind mill I bought years ago must have over sped RPM and blew it's self apart.  Last year my wife repainted the wind mill, looked good till last winds

I welded it back together today. Straightened up the blades, spins fairly true
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Our Menards will take old tanks in exchange for new ones...

I could probably stamp some new dates on the tank and the dancing monkey I was dealing with would not know the difference
Tony

wvcab

Quote from: "Crosley"recent winds in AZ have been heavy.

An old HF wind mill I bought years ago must have over sped RPM and blew it's self apart.  Last year my wife repainted the wind mill, looked good till last winds

I welded it back together today. Straightened up the blades, spins fairly true

the after pics, looks like my windmill

Arnold

Quote from: "phat46"Changed the tranny fluid in my wife's Saturn Vue today. It's a Honda drivetrain so you have to use the ATF Z1 fluid. I got 12qts.  For only $80. :shock: the procedure is to drain the pan, see how much came out and refill, repeat this twice more with a short drive in between. At least they make it easy with a easy to access drain plug on the trans and a short piece of hose on the dipstick tube made it easy to refill each time. Only took an hour and a half including the ten minute trips between refills. I spent over ten minutes looking for the dipstick . The manual says it's at the rear of the engine compartment near the center..somehow mine got to the front of the compartment next to the battery.

The last couple of trans. fluid changes I have done recently on my
vehicles I have used one of those vacuum pumps that you pump up
and siphon it out. I felt confident in not taking the pan off because I had just had them off,filters changed,no muck,good fluid..the last time I changed the fluid,filter. I paid almost $40 for 5 Litres of Mobil1 Dex V1.
I thought that was steep.Actually the fluid I pumped out looked so good I was wonderring why I was even doing this?

Boyd Who

Spent some time contemplating buying another car. I inherited a little bit of money from Karen when she passed last month and it would give me something nice to cruise around in while I work on the Essex. It's all original steel and has a 153ci Chevy "Iron Duke" 4-banger with a powerglide. Front end is a dropped I-beam and 4-bar, rear is an 8" with 4-bar. I have to call the owner today for more information on it.

Rrumbler

Sweet!!  It takes me back a whole bunch of years, to the late forties and early fifties.  My Dad delivered the Los Angeles Times newspaper, and on Sunday mornings; even back then, it was a BIG paper.  His boss had a tourer similar to that, and he let my Dad use it on Sundays to do his routes - and I got to go along to help.  We'd lay the top down, and fill the front and back seats with rolled and tied papers; I stood in the back with papers piled up to my arm pits, and kept the front seat full so he had papers to throw - yep, he had a good arm.  We started at 2AM, and usually finished up about 7 or 8.  Summer time was pretty great most of the time, but winters were sort of uncomfortable, most of the time.

Did you make it to "Viva"?  Hope you had a good trip, sorry to have missed you.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

kb426

My son bought a Fannie Mae repo on friday. It's something of a project. Yesterday i concentrated on getting all the water system ready to turn the water back on. Today's main task was replacing the electric panel. The new panel is in but I have some wiring to run in the attic to replace the oldest panel in the house. It had 2. The bathroom floor had tile that was the worst laying job I've ever seen. That was removed and discarded. There won't be any hot rod projects in my future for about the next month. By then the mechanics and interior cosmetics should be finished. Once hot rod season starts I'll be checking on him instead of assisting.  :lol:
TEAM SMART