What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"It's 70 degrees here in Sedona. The wife and I just got back from a 5 1/2 mi. hike in the red rock country

My Goldwing displayed low 80's ambient temps today.  It was a short ride, under 200 miles

Summer is around the corner
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

A DIY person attempt to rebuild his Dodge trans... he got it apart and stopped.

This is not a fun item for us, since we must watch for lost parts.
Tony

WZ JUNK

Returned today from a week in Florida.  Among other things we went to the twin qualifing races at Daytonna.  (save your money and do not go).  One of the highlights is that yesterday, by a stroke of good luck, we got to see a large Atlas rocket launch from the Cape.  We were told it was the largest of this type that has ever launched.  It was a lot neater than Daytonna and it was free.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I would have liked to see the rocket launch. That's been on my list for years.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Had this old car in the shop recently
Tony

enjenjo

Not much tire clearance there. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

I went and looked at this Impala project tonight....very different.  While it is a "Lowrider", I think its a pretty subtle version.

zzebby

Wow, I can see the quality there and I am definitely not a lowrider fan. Lace and artwork actually is a good break from the norm,  someone has a lot of $ and time in this, ya gotta respect the perseverence.

Glen

Ya, I totally agree with what your saying.  When the body was in the rotisserie, they layed up a fiberglass headliner, fiberglass floor pan and trunk pan for the interior and package tray.  The intention was to paint it all.   The new owner is not going to use the floor pan but I think he will use the 'glass headliner, i will update it every once in a while.

idrivejunk

The lowrider crowd certainly can turn out some stunning paint work.

Finally got my hands on some really old stuff. I primed the 58 Fairlane on the right last week then spent all this week fixing metal work on this 31 Ford body. Fitted and welded the rumble decklid skin Friday. Yep it used to be a five window.

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

something happening here, or about to happen
Tony

kb426

My lame project for the afternoon. I had run my ac hoses under the dash, letting them blow straight down to hide them. That didn't work well when it was 105 degrees outside. I bought 2 dash vents and installed them in the lower panel I made when I built the truck.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Tony , do you have one of those high tech two piece bearings in that?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

QuoteFitted and welded the rumble decklid skin Friday. Yep it used to be a five window.

Who made the windshield frame?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Worked for a couple of hours, then got on the leaky p/s my son brought me. An hour and a half to find out it's a bad pressure hose, find one at a parts store and go get it, then back to work until about 7:30.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to finish the job...if I can hold the paying job at bay long enough.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)