What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Charlie Chops stopped by today on his way back from Akron Ohio. It was nice seeing him.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

Last night I finnaly got around to converting my coupe from a * seat to trunk. I got the hinges a while ago, and was told it would take a bit to convert.
But it was a lot easier than I thought, I just had to fabricate some hinge mounts and weld them in, I did have to remove a fair bit of upholstery to get access back there, but no big deal.
And I can still fit the * hinges back when ever I want, so best of both worlds :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

jaybee

Headed for Iowa Speedway this weekend for the IRL race.  It promises to be near 90 with high humidity...except when it storms.  Not a particularly good forecast, but the track has lights.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat rat

I haven't been on for a few days, no internet. I'm on the road and in Caldwell Id. I hauled a car out here for a guy and am taking a Harley back. to Mi. for him. So I'm on another parts hunting trip. So far I have a 51 GMC cab w/title from Id. and a first series Bronco 9". I'll be going to a yard  that supposedly has over 7,000 cars. Having local contacts helps finding some of the smaller ones that I'm going to also. Have a line on a 30's roadster that I figure on seeing either Mon or Tues. Hopefully that pans out ok.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

wvcab

phat rat...

if your going to be heading east on 84, check out vintage automotive in mtn home, huge yard, lots of 20's and 30's tin....

kb426

I spent yesterday working in the attic in the shop. Insulating and painting. A smart guy would have done that when it was 60 outside, not 100. I have a few other things to finish and then it's back to hot rod projects.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: "wvcab"phat rat...

if your going to be heading east on 84, check out vintage automotive in mtn home, huge yard, lots of 20's and 30's tin....

That's ones already on the list. Thanks
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

58 Yeoman

I spent yesterday and hopefully today putting up the ceiling in the shop.  Hot and humid both days, but it's supposed to rain today, and I need to have the saws etc. outside, so I hope it holds off.  Seems like I've been working on this forever.  After the ceiling is done, I can finish the walls, then finish painting.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Charlie Chops 1940

Took the track roadster to the SMSRA Charleton Park show near Hastings, MI.. Great roadster drive at 7 this morning. Talked to 348tripower for a few minutes Had to leave early for a 5pm birthday party at the kids. Decent drive home too. 3" more legroom and the roadster would be a coast-to-coast car....a roof wouldn't be a bad option either...LOL

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

I finuished tacking together the exhaust on this pickup I am working on. All done in stainless steel. I have to finish weld the tailpipes yet, the rest is done.  2 1/2" all the way through with flowmaster mufflers.

WZ JUNK

We are into the fourth week of a remodel of the kitchen, dinning, utility and one bathroom of the house.  It is starting to go together now but it has been a big job.  We should be done in a couple more weeks.  I will be glad to have this job done and get back to the shop.

Today we are taking the day off.  We are going as a family to a minor league baseball game.  I am ready to get away for a day.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

A couple of weeks ago some women from a church group spied our yard and asked if it could be put on their annual garden tour. We said yes and then they started writing up about it for the tour. Their write-up was so impressive that we thought we ought to clean it up a bit more. Rented a man lift and had a handy-man top four trees in the front yard this week and I've also been weeding as I see fit. I saw fit to weed between the pond and my garage and I got carried away and cut into the 2" plastic water line between the skimmer and the waterfall. The cut was right in the middle of a long, sweeping bend of the line so the shape of the line is somewhat oval. The first fix with a rubber coupling didn't work. My second try involved putting a stiffener inside the ends of the line to make them round and gluing a coupling in. I'm sitting here typing while the 2 hour waiting time for the glue is passing. This garden tour is the same weekend as Goodguys, Columbus. So that my be shot too. GPster

phat46

Supposed to be going to a local car show today. I haven't been to a show as a participent in at least two years, but I see on the Weather Channel that there's a big storm headed this way. Since I don't have fenders or any side windows in my truck I think I'll wait a while! (Yeah i know...I'd never make it as a roadster guy)

enjenjo

Went fishing with my sons and grand daughter today. Of course I dropped the car keys into the lake. :roll:  Younger son had to go swimming to get them back. We made some memories.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"Went fishing with my sons and grand daughter today. Of course I dropped the car keys into the lake. :roll:  Younger son had to go swimming to get them back. We made some memories.

At times like that I thought the rule was "Captain goes overboard" ...... :shock:       :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****