What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Danimal"Harvey is as calm as can be. He hoticed that there were no boots in the area. Boots are a sure shine of an amature.

He certainly didn't mind my near Brazilian to his underbelly assetts.

He did like my HAMB shirt and the fact that I ended up on my knees working down the sides and through the lower leg areas.

OK ,  you also have qualifications for TSA work at the airport

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I cleaned up the shop today. Not done, but I made a dent in it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I'm polishing alum. parts on the bike project. Whose idea was this???
TEAM SMART

jaybee

It finally got cool enough to spend some time in the garage yesterday.  Between the new exhaust fan over the benches and a blower just outside the front door it stayed as cool inside as it was outside.  Last night I planned to put up pics of that work but #1 son loaned the thumb drive with the pics to his girlfriend.

Had the lawn mower apart to deal with a bad spark plug lead.  Not sure what I've done but somehow I got the governor linkage jammed with the throttle wide open.  Not sure how that happened when I never touched the linkage or even had the carb off, but apparently I'm just that talented.   :roll:
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

GPster

Quote from: "jaybee"Had the lawn mower apart to deal with a bad spark plug lead.  Not sure what I've done but somehow I got the governor linkage jammed with the throttle wide open.  Not sure how that happened when I never touched the linkage or even had the carb off, but apparently I'm just that talented.   :roll:
Did you have the flywheel off? You may have got that wind vane locked in place on the wrong side of the flywheel. It acts like some sort of govenorand connects to that spring that is on the carb'slinkage. I've got a mower that I just use for edging, that I've used for 17 years and it's starting to give out. Neighbor just bought a house and there was an unused mower stored in it's garage and the gas in the tank had dried up. Can only get it to run on either and no more than 10 seconds. The two of them got me thinking that I'm in the market for a new one. GPster

jaybee

Nope, just the shroud.  Not sure if I inadvertently pulled something over center or what.  Will have to look at it after the weekend.  Last weekend of racing at Iowa Speedway on Friday and Saturday.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Helped change the hood on the neighbors class 8 Ford truck, it was in an accident, no one hurt. The installed the hydroboost in the truck out in the shop, still fighting with one fitting.

Crosley.In.AZ

had this old B&M clutch flight come in for rebuild today
Tony

sirstude

40th class reunion tonight and tomorrow.  I guess the best part is 40 years ago I gave a young lady a ride home from the senior all night party (fter spending most of that party with her) in my then 1965 Impala.  I am taking that same young lady (now my wife) to the reunion in my current 1965 Impala.  I think that is pretty cool.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Boyd Who

Quote from: "sirstude"40th class reunion tonight and tomorrow.  I guess the best part is 40 years ago I gave a young lady a ride home from the senior all night party (fter spending most of that party with her) in my then 1965 Impala.  I am taking that same young lady (now my wife) to the reunion in my current 1965 Impala.  I think that is pretty cool.
Doug

I think you're right, that is very cool!  8)
Have fun this weekend!

Crosley.In.AZ

Bolted on electric Moroso water pump drive on my Falcon inline 6 .  If you look below the water pump motor , you see I installed a larger pulley on the alternator to slow the alt down some.  Save HP for moving the car is the plan.  

I figure I may have 80 HP to work with now..  :lol:
Tony

chimp koose

If the electric drive motor for the pump quits, it is a ford heater fan motor. If you do a lot of racing you might want to throw one in your spare parts supply. I helped a fellow racer try to get to the next round last summer after the drive motor gave out.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"If the electric drive motor for the pump quits, it is a ford heater fan motor. If you do a lot of racing you might want to throw one in your spare parts supply. I helped a fellow racer try to get to the next round last summer after the drive motor gave out.

thanks, i may need another motor.  I could see the tape over the vent tube hole for a hvac application. I bought this drive setup off eBay for 33 dollars delivered.

I have an idea for a fresh air feed to carb that involves home duct work parts.

After these mods are finished hopefully the Falcon picks up some.

Next step is a power adder.  After that ,when this inline 6 gives out, I think a LS chevy engine will go in

:shock:
Tony

enjenjo

It took me three days, but I finally got the hydroboost replaced on the green truck. I had one line that would just not connect back up, I ended up rerouting that line after 5 hours of trying. Just for future use, do not run hard lines all the way to the hydroboost under the car. It makes it real hard to service.

I also repaired a turbo clamp on a 450 Cat in a Ford 9000, and replaced the grille on the same truck.

kb426

I'm not too far from completion of the bike project. When it's done, I'll post a link to a slide show so those that are interested can see what transpired. I connected all the hydraulic lines and some other small stuff today. I buffed the paint again. I had some scratches showing under neon light.
TEAM SMART