What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Taxpyr, I have a complete ,original frame to work from. Are you needing any measurements?

taxpyer

Hi Chimp,
               I wish I could use some measurements but unfortunately my frame is a custom rectangular tubing type. :(  It's stretched and will have a functional box on it. 8)  Would like to somehow fit some running boards just to ease the entry exit thing. I have  fiberglass body no doors and am trying to find a good steel body but if nothing shows up before spring then glass it is. :roll:
          I'd like to see pics of any T's I can just for reference. I've loved them scince I was a kid. :wink:  Had a '27 steel body when I first got married but sold it. :cry:  I figured you needed a enclosed car with a baby (what an idiot) so I bought a 34 chev coupe and you know I never liked it at all and missed the T ever scince. :?  I am working on the diff for the T this weekend. No body locally has one so it's just me in the wilderness.
  I'll be watching for your pics. I sure appreciate the offer.
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

chimp koose

taxpyr, I will be using the original running board brackets on my 2x3 tube frame. The original frame is 3" tall where the running boards mount. they span from side to side. By the way there is a set of T running boards on saskatoon kijiji right now.

enjenjo

Returned home last night, spent the last three weeks in Vegas. SWIMBO and I went out to lunch with Rumbler while we were there one day. I did some wiring, and plumbing on my son's house, also fixed a gate, and reroofed his Gazebo. I got a chance to bowl in his PBA league while I was there, beat him three out of four games. Got to spend some time with the grandkids, went to one of their preschool programs, feed them junk food and candy, then turn them back over to the parents.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

papastoyss

I've been hammering down on my 40 coupe project. My paint pimping bud Earl Schieb came over last week ,rubbed his hands over the sheet metal &pronounced it ready for color despite the amatuer body work.I highly recommend the 3M Dry Guide Coat. It enables a rank amatuer to do pro quality work. Sunday I pulled the body off & set it on a dolly so I can keep the frame & finish it while the sheet metal is in the paint shop.The frame is at the blaster today.I finished the engine assembly today, it's a 2004 LS 6 w/ the 243 heads &Z06 cam. Should haul my fat azz plenty fast.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

UGLY OLDS

I'm still workin' on the Astro Van........ :(

Bob................. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

My ceiling is ready for paint and my archways need one more evening of finishing. By sunday, the kitchen might be back to normal and clean.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Today I got the insulation blown into the ceiling of the new shop. Good thing, too. It's supposed to drop to -30C on the weekend. Have I mentioned how much I love winter? LOL

chimp koose

Worked on the 65merc truck tonight. Engine is ready to come out .

39deluxe

I'm going to be working on finishing up some wiring I started in the basement. I put up some lights outside the walkout sliding door and I'm starting to run separate circuits in the basement in preparation for the walls I will be putting up when on vacation over Christmas and New Years.

Once I get the walls and storage area done I can move everything back downstairs that has been plugging up my shop since I got flooded 2 years ago next spring.

enjenjo

Cheryl and I have both been sick, since before we got home, picked up a virus out there. But today I had to move some cars. Took the Jag body to a salvage yard, then hauled Josh's Prelude to a shop for repair, oil leak. Then went over tand looded the Buick wagon out of storage, monday I have to put it in another place.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

The kitchen project is finished. My wife is happy and I have cleaned up most of the mess. Christmas is going to take up most of my time for the next 2 weeks. I haven't had time to track down the owner of the 52 Merc I found out in the country yet. I'm still thinking.  :D
TEAM SMART

river1

Quote from: "kb426"The kitchen project is finished. My wife is happy

if she's happy everyone is happy

Quote from: "kb426"I'm still thinking.  :D

careful don't hurt yourself :P  :P

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"

Quote from: "kb426"I'm still thinking.  :D

careful don't hurt yourself :P  :P

later jim

yeah....  don't do  a Jim Rivers

:twisted:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Installed the 300-6cyl and 4spd into the merc truck tonight.My son helped,he is not into cars at all but loves to pull or install engines,go figure.