What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

I added to the collection today but not a car. I bought a 9 ft. truck camper. I'd been thinking of a travel trailer but decided to go this way instead. Earlier today I went to an estate sale and picked up a complete 35 Ford rear-end with wheels
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Beck

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Recent Madness.

This spring I decided to thin the herd a bit as the level of "stuff" and cars and projects insured and taking up space and valuable time had gotten out of control.
Charlie
Do you still have the Volvo?

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Beck"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Recent Madness.

This spring I decided to thin the herd a bit as the level of "stuff" and cars and projects insured and taking up space and valuable time had gotten out of control.
Charlie
Do you still have the Volvo?

Tom, it went to a friend in Grand Haven just south of here about 2 years ago. He always liked the concept of the car so I made him an offer he couldn't refuse. It.s coming along nicely.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

My wife and I returned home today from a trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Isle Royale on Lake Superior was our destination.   We had a great time.  They get a lot of snow there and attached is a picture of my wife next to a sign showing the amount of snow they receive.  Note the arrow next to the top as that is the amount they had last winter.  To much for me.

It is the last scheduled trip for out 2003 Windstar van.  It now has 214,000 miles.  We have visited all but 3 of the continental National Parks and the remaining are scheduled for next July.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

John,  I know you did Glacier a few years ago, did you hit Yellowstone that same year?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "sirstude"John,  I know you did Glacier a few years ago, did you hit Yellowstone that same year?

Doug

Doug

We have been to Yellowstone at least 3 times and stayed in the Old Faithful Inn each time.  It is probably our favorite park, but Glacier is a close second.  We plan to return to Yellowstone in the winter.

You are fortunate to live in such a wonderful place.

Our future plans are Hawaii, Alaska, England, New Zealand, Australia, ....

We plan to be travelers until the money runs out.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

phat rat

John, where in the UP did you take that picture?

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "phat rat"John, where in the UP did you take that picture?

Jack, the photo log says Allouez, MI which is somewhere between Houghton, and Copper Harbor on 26.  It was at a park in a rural area right near the highway.

The sign says the record snowfall was the winter of 1978-79 with 390 inches of snow or about 32.5 feet of snow. WOW that's a lot of snow.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

river1

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

Jack, the photo log says Allouez, MI which is somewhere between Houghton, and Copper Harbor on 26.  It was at a park in a rural area right near the highway.

The sign says the record snowfall was the winter of 1978-79 with 390 inches of snow or about 32.5 feet of snow. WOW that's a lot of snow.

John

Being from AZ I haven't seen 32ft of snow in my WHOLE life :roll:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

John

Being from AZ I haven't seen 32ft of snow in my WHOLE life :roll:

later jim

As I recall , you are an outsider that moved to Arizona at a young age?

or ,  am I full of stuff again? CRS  applies , sometimes, if I remember that
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

They do get snow up there. I have a grandson who goes to college in Houghton.
Glad to hear you enjoyed our state again. I've never to Isle Royale but my wife has. She and a couple of girl friends spent a few days there and she really loved it.

purplepickup

I'm laying in the cardiac section of the hospital in traverse city. I had chest pain for a couple of weeks and they got strong enough that I figured it was time to get checked. It turned out that I had a 99% blocked artery on my heart but hadn't had a heart attack yet. Got lucky on that one. Had a heart catheter and a stent put in so I guess I'm good to go for a while longer. Pay attention to your body guys.
George

58 Yeoman

Wow! Close call, George.  Glad you caught it in time.  It's a good thing that you had symptoms that gave you a warning. Sometimes, there are no symptoms for what may be ailing you.

Take it easy for a while.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

416Ford

Glad to hear your ok George. I had two stents put in a couple of years ago. I think of them as life changers. Take care of yourself and it easy for awhile.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

TEAM SMART