What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat46"George, your cabin is great, the kind of cabin I dream about. Is that in the western side of the L.P.?
My condolences to you and your family Joe. Really sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the compliment on the cabin. It was a dream for me at one time too. Now that I'm 3+ weeks into cleaning the logs I'm realizing why I put this project off for so long.

Yesterday I ran 3 tanks of gas through the washer in about 6 hours of washing, scraping & such. Progress is slow. Today I'm taking a day off to go to the Buckley Old Engine Show.

A couple more pics. One showing where I stopped yesterday before starting the upstairs bedroom. The other is a "before' pic of the loft.
George

kb426

George, that ranks right up there with hot rod projects. The more you do, the better it gets. :)
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "phat46"George, your cabin is great, the kind of cabin I dream about. Is that in the western side of the L.P.?
My condolences to you and your family Joe. Really sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the compliment on the cabin. It was a dream for me at one time too. Now that I'm 3+ weeks into cleaning the logs I'm realizing why I put this project off for so long.

Yesterday I ran 3 tanks of gas through the washer in about 6 hours of washing, scraping & such. Progress is slow. Today I'm taking a day off to go to the Buckley Old Engine Show.

A couple more pics. One showing where I stopped yesterday before starting the upstairs bedroom. The other is a "before' pic of the loft.

How was Buckley today? I was there Thurs. I went to the Relix Riot today and sold one of the bodies I brought back this year plus a few small things. The body sold just as I was ready to leave.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

We put a new metal roof on my back shop today. Started about 9 am, and was finished by 6 pm. Amazing how fast it goes when you have professionals doing it. the building is 26 by 32.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Ohio Blue Tip

Went to Buckley Old Engine Show Sat., had a nice chat with George (purplepickup)
Next stop "Zoo" (NATS NORTH)
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat rat

I had a guy pinstripe my truck today and am very pleased with the job he did. I'll post pictures tomorrow. While he was here I had him do a small job on my garage fridge. The fridge looks yellow in the picture but it's the lighting it's actually white.

kb426

TEAM SMART

phat rat

I washed and waxed my truck today and took a better picture of the fridge. Also took some of the truck it has an orange stripe separating the blue and silver

enjenjo

Monday night, I was pulling out an air hose to pump up a tire, tripped over the back of my trailer, and sprained my left shoulder. It could have been worse, no permanent damage, but it sure hurts now. I was supposed to leave this morning to head to Nevada, but that is now delayed for at least a couple days. I feel much better now than I did this morning, of course I have my arm in a sling. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BFS57

Hello;
That sucks!! Had sholder surgery a while ago, most painfull that seemed to stay for ever!!! Use as much Ice as possible, it helps.
As for what I'm doing, I have my car in a shop down the road for too long. We finally got the consoles done (2) and covered, Seat bolsters covered (rear), now working on the carpet, front doors (door pannels, and kick pannels, plus the ever natorious "J" seals (tri Five). Still a long way to go, with rear seat upholstery, mounting, AC hook up (air vents) new sound system! Auto Door locks! Auto start with remote! Electric windows!!!
I got to admit, I really went overboard with this part of my project!!!
Too many $$$ Too much time!!!

Bruce

kb426

My Rodders Journal lifetime membership pack arrived today. I requested a number and received it. That number was my NHRA permanent number and later, my son's birthday.
TEAM SMART

GPster

Traveled I80 from Salt Lake City going west. While driving I noticed that the color of the sky was the same as the dried salt ground along side of the road. That California wild fire smoke is traveling that far east and you can smell it. GPster

sirstude

Just stepped out my door this morning, and cannot see the mountains around the valley. The smoke almost looks like fog in the back yard.  Smells like a bar-b-que and expect this for the next while.

We were in Spokane last week, and on Friday night, we could not see the gas station that is across the main street from the hotel.  The cars were yellow/white from the ash.  That ash was really greasy too.  

There are over 100 fires in Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon.  We have around 10 that are not even being worked on, because of no crews available.  2 or 3 up in Glacier.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

Took the 63 to Chillicothe to fill the tank.  I went to my brother's yesterday to help celebrate his Birthday, and took the Ford, as he had one similar back in the day (so did i).  Well, 91 premium is $3.47, so it took $57 to fill it. Oh well, it used to take that to fill the Subaru after a trip to Chicago, so I didn't feel bad.

Did find a * mouse nest in the trunk yesterday; they ate holes in the car cover that was back there, and stinks like all get out.  I'll clean it up and use Natures Miracle and see if it gets rid of the smell.

I'll be rejuvenating TWO 5 gallon traps to put  back in there. Should've never let them go dry.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

repaired (I hope) a  bolt hole in a sbchevy block.  I eff'd this up months ago.

Drilled , tapped a 5/8 x 18 bolt. Grade 5.  machined it down to .800 in length.

JB Weld on threads. Set at surface level.

One more hole to fix.  Hope to save the block.  Block has fresh bore & hone, with little use. I'd like to save it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)