What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Many condolences on your loss, phat46.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Rrumbler

I am sorry for your loss, Phat46, my condolences to you and your family.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Rrumbler

Frank, sometimes I think you are a wizard.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

GPster

Hopefully this will be our last day of packing before our "Road Trip". Linda and I and Abby (the dog) will be heading out tomorrow on the road for Denver, Colorado Carson City, Nevada and maybe Los Angeles. (there's only one). We're planing on about 500 miles a day and don't have anything planned except visiting at those stops. No expectations, just rest and we hope the stops have no expectations for us. With two weddings we have been involved with (Linda performed one) and the recent loss of some friends, air conditioner condenser fan motor, hot tub, refrigerator defrost heater, pond skimmer/waterfall pump, etc, etc, .etc. we're ready to be away from this for awhile. Linda will have her "lap top" so I'll keep following here but probably won't say much for the next 3 weeks.. GPster

purplepickup

I've been pressure washing the inside of my cabin. What a messy job!

When I cut the logs 36 years ago, I stacked them outdoors to cure for a few months, then after laying them up I let them cure in place over a winter. During all that time they turned really dark and I've never cleaned them on the inside til now. When the cleaning is done I'll let it dry then add lots of coats of varnish.

I cleaned the outside and stained it two years ago.
George

58 Yeoman

That cleaning really brightened it up, George.

My wife wanted me to put some papers in our safe.  I went to open the door, and the 'low battery' light was on. I took off the cover and replaced the batteries with new ones, and the light still came on.  Three new sets later, the light was still on.

Check the 'net, and tried a few things, but also found out that Sentry brand is cheaply built and is prone to problems.  We bought it at a garage sale a few years ago for 20 or 30 bucks.  I dragged it outside and used the master key (torch) to cut off the hinge pins, and the backup key ( 4" grinder with a diamond blade) to cut both sides, then used a crow bar to pry it apart.

Since the G-men hadn't come yet, I put the non-metal parts in the trash, and the metal in the recycle bin. :roll:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

George, that looks great. That has to make you wonder why you didn't already do that!  :D
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

did anybody notice this great deal over on the hotrod magazine forums..

49 caddy fast back partially done roller..

http://forums.hotrod.com/user/02/reply/9720302/?ForumPostId=9720302&ForumParentPostId=9720302

just thought that it would be a great buy at that price.. if it has not already been scooped up..

wayne...

Crosley.In.AZ

George,  place sure looks different.

Spent some time unsubscribing from email ads from Auto Nation, again.  been unsubscribing for 4 or 5 months.  email volume has reduced from them.

For a while when I clik'd on "unsubscribe "  , the next page would tell me "you already unsubscribed" LOL

I bought this 2013  Civic thru the Costco Auto Program.  Same deal I used 2 yrs earlier, but the Dealer was not Owned by Auto Nation then.

For the first year, the Auto Nation service dept gal would calll me:  tell me my car was due for service.  So:  I asked her how she knew.  Is my car calling them? How? Poor gal was a bit frazzled  by the  time I was finished.   :wink:

Guess I need to call Costco, complain about this
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Started the 41 Pontiac/Cadillac/Mercury/Ford/Nova today.  It's probably been close to 10 years since I started it.  Didn't run it long, as it doesn't have a radiator.  Had to jump start it with the Ranger, which I then noticed that the battery terminals needed a cleaning.  One thing always leads to another...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Arnold

Quote from: "phat46"My Mom passed away yesterday, she was one tough Brit. She had one good valve in her heart, one was malfunctioning and two were shot. We were told in the hospital she wouldn't make it through the night, she went home for hospice care the next day, the hospice care nurse said it would be that night. She make it two more nights. As sad as it is for her to pass it was far worse seeing her struggle.

Very sorry to all for their loss..
  There are few days when I don't think of my mother..

Arnold

Taking back my John Deere hi pressure grease gun. Barely..and I mean barely used. Broke..on closer inspection...what a worthless piece of garbage  manufacturing..the metal,threading in the barrel..

This one must have been defective. Really defective.
  Nobody would make something like this..

It has been a long time since I have come across junk like this.

:D WHEN it DID come apart. It did it all on it's own..all by it's little old self..just curled up..laying there like a "grease snake" :lol:

You know..at some point you are just aware that oh yeah..the grease gun over there has blown apart :lol:  
I

enjenjo

I broke a piece on the band saw, can't use it without it, 10 days to get it. :evil:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I finished sanding the other rear fender awhile ago. I love summer and it was a beautiful summer evening. I have sweat running all over and the satisfaction of knowing that soon these fenders will be painted. Everything I do makes them better than they were. It's been slow progress but still progress.  :D  :D
TEAM SMART

phat46

George, your cabin is great, the kind of cabin I dream about. Is that in the western side of the L.P.?