What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

So sorry to hear the news.  You have had a rough year.  My thoughts are with you.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that Carps, I will miss him at the NATS. We used to stay at the same hotel he did for many years.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Sorry for your loss, Carps.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

My sympathies to everyone that was his friend. Carps, that was a very nice tribute. I'm sure there are lots of people with great stories and memories to tell.
TEAM SMART

kb426

On a different note, I got the 32 ready for a road trip. Fluids checked, air in the tires and a new turn signal bulb. The bulb required removing the tool box under the bed floor. It was a 15 minute deal instead of 3 minutes. it's warming up and I'm excited for another summer! :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

sorry about your loss carps. I hope you enjoy your trip this summer though it will likely be quite different without your friend along.

chimp koose

I started to cut out my firewall today . I made a template so that it will be cut symmetrically. hopefully I will finish the cutting tomorrow and put the body on chassis for a look see . Have not had body and chassis together in over 2 years.

58 Yeoman

Yesterday, I finally found the dead skunk that's been smelling up the place for over a week.  With all the vegetation sprouting up with all our rain, it was hard to pinpoint exactly where the smell was coming from.  I've got a small ravine running through the edge of my property, with a sometimes small creek running along the bottom.

There are small brush piles along some parts of my side where I've thrown branches, etc., and I thought it might be under there.  Turns out, it was about 20' further north, just across the neighbors barb wire fence.  It was under a large bush, and was flatter than a door nail, mostly the fur. I covered it with a couple inches of dirt, and no more smell.

I'd seen turkey vultures circling overhead for a few days, and yesterday, I saw two in the woods closer to where the skunk was, so I widened my search.  AHHH, fresh air again.

Phil

enjenjo

I picked up a new overhead  door for my shop, along with an electric opener.  I found that the floor under the door is so uneven that the rubber seal would not touch all the way across. So since this is a metal door, and can't be cut easily, I made a wood filler for the bottom that makes the seal touch the floor all the way across.

chimp koose

I put the body on my t today and I am a happy guy. The car sits nice , I like the stance . About a 5 degree rake and the highest point of the car is 5'9". It is a tall T . I will have to move the firewall back 5 1/2" and unfortunately I will need a small bump of a trans tunnel. I cut the firewall high enough that I will be able to remove the distributor without removing anything but the air cleaner. I actually might be able to use a firewall mounted master cyl. I also scored a pair of coilover shocks tonight on kijiji that are exactly what I needed.

purplepickup

I just came home from a mostly unsuccessful morel mushrooming trip in northern Michigan (way too dry) and was carrying in the cooler when I noticed these guys growing right in the lawn. God works in mysterious ways.
George

enjenjo

Cheryl came in a couple hours ago with a batch of Morels about half that size she found under one of our pine trees.

58 Yeoman

Since I moved to a different area in '08, I haven't got any place to hunt for morels.  A small supermarket about 10 miles away sells them every year.  We got 2 1/4 # for just over $70 this year, running about $35/#.  He said the price had to go higher this year because of the internet selling upping the price.  They've been running about $30/# the previous years.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I set the Simca body back onto the chassis.  Aligned it up a little bit, tac welds hold the body & chassis in place.

Un bolted the fenders off the car.  Dang Arizona rust free 1948 Simca , I needed some PB Blaster and the bolts threaded out.

I need to install some wheel wells for the rear slicks.  Odd, the round wheel wells are in a flat box?

Good to be back on the car.  Funny (not) how things in life slow you down so much.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Yesterday I went to the 33rd Atwood early rod run. The show had way more tuner cars and cars from the 50's and newer than 2 years ago. There was a club from Colorado that most of the tuners belonged to. I saw more hair dryers than I have in years. Tis the shape of things to come.
TEAM SMART