What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I spent the day working on the T again .Well, with 1/8" suspension separation to go , on a hard left turn , the steering rod from the rack to spindle will contact the bottom of the upper 4 bar . I have cycled the suspension up and down and even by hand I can feel no bind anywhere .I have moved the suspension to full compression and the ram on the rack does not move . When I lift just the passenger tire up to full travel , the ram on the rack moves in 1/16" which equates to about a 2" movement on a 14" steering wheel. If I get a chance tomorrow I will cycle the suspension again and see if I can drop the rack a little lower to stop the contact on left turn . This will require a lower panhard mount as well if it works .I am running out of holiday time to work on this.

enjenjo

Finished up the drywall in the bedroom, we still have to tape the joints, and finish framing in a closet.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

Made a new path up to the back of the house.

Removed a bunch of trees from across the front of the yard.

Trying not to annoy the critters, who are a bit concerned that the bride hasn't been out to feed tham lately.

Except Spike, he's lived in our yard for about five years now and is the only one that never got fed, only because he doesn't like bananas or other fresh fruit and the supermarket doesn't sell packaged ants.  

Havent really felt like messing with my toys, but I did spend some time in the garage today, contemplating what needs to be done.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice shots Carps. Was just reading an animal book page about marsupials to my 21 month old grand daughter yesterday.

Hang in there pal. You'll get back to the cars when you get the rest ofthe hanging fire stuff settled.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Great pics, Carps! I don't have anything as interesting as your wildlife.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

The electricians left here yesterday, but I'm still doing exterior paint touch ups before pulling out of here for good on Tuesday.

The $1500 bill for something I could have fixed for $50 really hurts, but that ship sailed.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

In Tucson AZ today for Drag Race Reunion deal.  old race cars, older racers.

Found an interesting project car.   Needs everything.  I did not purchase.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Crosley be careful ! If you get bit by the open wheel front engine drag car bug it is a hard affliction to beat. I have owned 2 front engine dragsters and there is no feeling quite  like it .

GPster

My lawn tractor's tires have been having slow air leaks. They still have plenty of tread and because it's a slow speed,once a week chore I planned to just put tubes in them. I still had the 12 year old owner's manual and removing the wheels (even the rear wheels) didn't seem like much of a job. Friday I drove the tractor to my garage apron and blocked it up. I removed the "C" clips and the one wheel came off just like the instructions said. The other rear wheel didn't so I sprayed it and let it sit. Saturday hits with a bar and hammer didn't do it so more lubricant and a home made puller ( 5/16" all thread rod pieces and 1/4" x 1 1/2" strap iron) nothing moved and the strap iron bent. More lubricant and more waiting. Sunday,new puller (3/8" x 2" strap iron) heat and hammering. Bent the strap iron, broke the 5/16" all thread rod. Now real serious. Harbor Freight puller, 3/8" bolts and heat still nothing. Let it cool down for today (Monday). I've even managed to take the tire off the wheel while it was still mounted on the tractor. I could re-mount the tire on that wheel with the tube in it and forget about it  but every time I mow I'd have it to think about and I'd probably run into something while I wasn't paying attention. This is only a wheel on a shaft with a 1/4" key and a "C" clip. The key way is in alignment so the key isn't bent. Earlier the thought of only a couple of tire tubes maybe a new battery, an oil change and a blade sharpening seemed more financial responsible than the $1250.00 my wife suggested we spend for a new mower. How hard I work to be dumb. GPster

papastoyss

I would try jacking up the stuck axle as high as possible & soak it down w/ PB Blaster every day for several days. I've loosened hopelessly stuck bolts this way before. At worst, you'll have an excuse not to mow for a while!!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

58 Yeoman

The new carpenters are here replacing my 12x22 wood deck.  Back in 2013, we had Lowe's put a deck in for us.  The 'carpenter' they sent took almost 4 weeks to do a three day job.  When it was done, I could've done a better job, but I was still working and didn't have time.

Well, last year, the wood was cupping, one corner could be used for a diving board, and he screwed up a few other things.  Lowe's got a better contractor to come and take a look at it.  He shook his head and said the whole thing will have to be redone.

Four of them got here around 9am today, and disassembled the old deck to the ground, and have most of it done already.

On a sad note, we buried my 90 year old mother in law on Saturday.  I only knew her for about 7 years, but I liked her alot.  I'm missing her already.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. I liked mine too.

chimp koose

Yeoman , sorry to hear of your loss.

UGLY OLDS

Phil ..Sorry to hear of your loss .. Our thoughts & prayers are with you ..

Bob ... :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

SWMBO has been feeling poorly the last couple days, so I made her some chicken noodle soup tonight, and told her she now had no excuse.